•° 1 °•

you'd know them more in this sequel ☺ enjoy!!!!

Chapter 1: Life in America

KIM SEOLHYUN's POV

The struck of the lightning alarmed me. I stumbled up, and sigh as I run my fingers through my hair.

"A rainy morning once again." I crouch down while heading to my closet. Another start of a new semester again.

I'll meet my western friends and talk about nonsense things with them again. Gosh, I really did miss Korea. The morning breeze, the fall and the winter. What came up into my mind after I received that from...?

Fuck it Seoulhyun. You are totally over it, are you?

I stopped gathering my things and whined. There's nothing goes a day without Mr. Jeon knocking at my door early in the morning to shout at me.

"Kim Seolhyun! Open this door!" he shouted from outside. Mr. Jeon's grumpy voice is louder than the thunder. I still never get used to it.

Opening the door, Mr. Jeon's scowled eyebrows welcomed me. He is also a korean just like me, and he is also staying here in America to run this apartment.

"Monthly payment?" he showed his bare palm and scowled his eyebrows more. I awfully smiled and gave him a high five instead. Gosh, this is really a good morning–situation.

"KIM SEOULHYUN!" he yelled at me, making the person on the other room peeked at us. Mr. Jeon must be ashamed so he should go away now. Money isn't at my side nowadays.

"You are already staying at this apartment for one month and you haven't payed me even just a single penny. Is that a good thing young lady?"

"Aish Mr. Jeon!" I playfully poked him at his shoulders, acting like we're chinguyas, "Don't act like we're not both in the same race. I promise, I'd pay you next next time. My mom wasn't able to give me my allowance so, I'll just update you." I awkwardly smiled again and closed the door. I heard Mr. Jeon mutter for the last time and went back to my business again.

I shouldn't have come across the ocean to go here,

I shouldn't have transfer school, transfer home, transfer everything,

I shouldn't be suffering like this, cramming for our second semester,

I shouldn't be missing someone,

if it wasn't because of him.

Six months is already long enough for someone who's longing for another someone. The time bound, expectations, and disappointments brought only pain in my heart. I expected too much, all the motives was already across the line. I thought we'd make better memories as I follow him here.

But I only found that thing called nothing.

•°•°•°•°•°

"Seolhyun! Up here!" song jihyeon, my only korean classmate, calls me as she wave to catch my attention from the second floor. She ran towards me and hung her arms on my shoulders.

"Seems like you have a good news huh. Don't tell me you are bragging about a guy again. I'm telling you, I don't—" i stop talking as she shush me with her finger,

"Stop overreacting! well, what you said was half true." i roll my eyes and went to the bulletin board to see my new schedules. They have dones so many changes so, it'll be hard for me and for us in adjusting.

"You love painting right? Jackpot! A new artist would be transfering here in broadway heights. That person could train you paint better so that you can join art competitions! Did you like my news huh Seolhyun?" i massaged my forehead, thinking about it.

"Well, depends on who it will be. You know, I am somewhat over painting. I should focus more on academics because I want to graduate and get the way out of here. I shouldn't have flew all the way in this country. My reason was invalid." we were both silent after I said that. She knew about "him", because Jihyeon was the one who was with me when nobody else was. I am thankful I found her.

"Sorry. I really just like how you paint and your subjects. All of it was meaningful." i smile and pinch her mochi cheeks.

"Let's just go on our own classes. I'll treat you lunch later so cheer up baby Jihyeon. See you in English class." i bid goodbye and walked away.

As I walk farther from anyone, I suddenly remembered him. I don't want to mention his name. It will only break my heart for the billionth time.

I hope my wish come true. My wish? it is not to see single part of you again.