Part 37: To The Beginning

Start from the beginning

"I did portraits of three people." She said opening the book and showing me the first one was very beautiful and well blended on the cheek bones.

"That's beautiful!" I say looking at Matt and he nods.  She turns the page and I see Nate on it she turns the page again and it's a child this time.

"These were very well done Mrs. Danner!" Matt says.

"Yes." I agree and she smiles brightly "I'll call you if we like them." Matt gives her a smile and she leaves.

"So, do you think she is eligible?" Matt asks.

"Yes, but you should try and help her with being more formal." I comment.

"Yeah." He says nodding his head. "She was probably just excited to meet you."

"Right." I say under my breath.

"I won't ask about who Emma Vanderwall is." Matt comments "I won't ask stuff you don't want answered." I smile at him.

"Thank you." I chimed.

~

I got out of the car and locked the doors, I unlocked the house door and went inside. On the kitchen table there was flowers, gladiolus's, I sucked in a breath and grabbed the note off the vase.

'I'm coming for you, Elena.'

I throw the flowers in the trash and grab my phone from my pocket and started to call Ash. I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and my mouth. I started to kick and scream, but they were strong.

ASHS POV

My phone rang while I was trying to do paper work, I picked it up to see it was Elena.

"Yes, baby?" I say but all I hear is muddled screaming. I stand up and grab my keys rushing to my car leaving the phone on.

"Boss," I hear a faint voice say "she's out, let's go."

I run the lights and speed home to an open door. I run in with my gun in my hand, I go into the living room to see nothing. I walk into the kitchen to see a piece of paper on the counter and I pick it up.

'I'm coming for you, Elena.'

Is what it said, I sigh and go into the room and all the other rooms that were empty.

I call in my boys and they start to investigate the room while I stayed sitting on the couch with Aniease.

"Boss," a deputy starts "is there anywhere your wife would've gone?" He asks

"You think she went somewhere?" I ask telling a bit "there's a note that was addressed to her!" I tell standing up.

"Do you have any idea from who?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply "Mason James."

"He escaped just last night." The deputy says to himself but I heard it.

"Is that all the questions?" I ask looking down.

"Yes Sheriff Steel." He answers and leaves. I stand up and grab my keys racing down to Nate's house.

ELENAS POV

My hands have been handcuffed in front of me and my head hurt, it was dark because I had a blindfold on. I bring my hand up to my head and feel blood come into my hand and I whimper. The car I'm in comes to a stop

"Want me to get her boss?" The person asks, he sounds so familiar.

"No." I hear Mason say "I'll get what's mine." I push the blindfold off to see where I was, the car door opens and I see Mason he grabs my ankles and tanks me closer to him.