Night

I wake up early to my alarm beside my bed. It sung to me a wake up sound. I walk to my small kitchen and start the coffee. After dicing fruit for a salad I walk back to my coffee machine.

I fix my coffee unsweet as usual and eat every little fruit on my plate. I examine each before I bite into the little piece. Once done I wash the knife and other dishes.

I apply my dark red lipstick that reminds me of the blood I see every other day. I thought about Detective Green who died at my side. His wife was pregnant with there first born child and he will never meet her because of me.

My phone rings across the room on the table. The caller ID said Bishop one of the detectives I work with but also my friend. I click answer on the screen.

"Duke"I say to my phone.

"Hey we have a dead body"Bishop says. His voice was deep as usual.

"Where at?"I ask curiously.

He tells me the address and I write it down.

I quickly brush through my short, choppy brown hair and rush to my car.

I use my GPS to get there.

People stood behind the tape trying to get a view.

I walk through a room guarded by police tape.

There was a trail of bloody white petals from roses to the body. The actual body was covered in clean rose petals. It was a female. She had blond curls and a lot of makeup on.

This was going to be an interesting case.

"Victims name is April Nembra. Age 17. Died from blunt force trama to the head"Elaine said to me.

Her dark hair was up in a pony tail and her freckles were seen very well. She studied the body with her blue eyes. She never messed up on a case because she always got every detail right.

"Alright what's with the petals?" I ask.

"I'm unsure maybe it's a symbol for something"Bishop says.

"It symbolizes purity"a tall, muscular, handsome man says walking up to us.

He had copper hair and light brown eyes. His skin was a perfect beach tan. He wore a grey suit with a red tie.

"Purity?"I ask. My eyes met his.

"Well the ones with blood do. Whoever killed her must of loved her or thought highly of her"he said looking straight at me.

"Who are you?"I ask curiously.

"I'm Finn Night"he says to me.

"I'm Maybridge Duke"I say to him. He puts out his muscular hand and we shake. After a few seconds we release.

"Well Maybridge I'm your new partner on cases"he says with a crooked grin.

"It's Duke not Maybridge"I say annoyed.

"Sorry"he says with no trace of actually being sorry.

"It's fine"I spit out.

"Sorry I was late I didn't expect to work so soon. I was looking for an apartment" Night says.

"That's not much of an excuse but you're not late so it doesn't matter"I say to him turning away to examine the body.

"I'm going to go find her family and tell them the"I pause searching for a word "sad news".

"I'll come with"Night says.