The Last Night

Silver walked quickly to the only house he knew. Gold's. He just needed a friend right now. He was clutching his wrist, his gloved hand covering the bare, cut one. He was on the verge of crying. 

Silver knocked on the door, breathing shakily. A silence followed before a bored-looking Gold opened the door, and his golden eyes lit up with surprise.

"Silver? What's up-" He broke off when he saw that usually cold, pissy friend had a shadow over his face, and Gold's eyes trailed down to Silver's hands, and he gasped to see blood seeping through Silver's gloved hand. 

You come to me with scars on your wrist

You tell me this will be the last night

Feeling like this  

Gold quickly grabbed Silver's arm, causing him to flinch. His eyes quickly scanned Silver's wrist. It was clearly cut with a knife of some sort.

"Silver, what the hell happened? Never mind, let's treat it first- huh?" Silver had pulled his arm out of Gold's hand. 

"I'm fine... I just want you to know I won't be traveling with you and Crys for a while. I'm here to say thank you and good-bye." Silver murmured, looking away.

 I just came to say goodbye

Didn't want you to see me cry  

But Gold wasn't buying it. 

" W-what? What do you mean, ' won't be traveling with us anymore?! ' We're having awesome times together. Silver, what's wrong? " Gold persisted, getting increasingly worried.

But I know it's a lie!

"..."

Gold couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed both of Silver's arms, causing Silver to draw in a hissed breath.

" Look at me, Silver. What's wrong? "

Look me in the eyes so I know you know

I'm everywhere you want me to be  

Silver finally looked at Gold, and then he broke. 

" Oh, crap, ok. " Gold wrapped his arms gently and awkwardly around Silver, rubbing his back in circles, like how a parent would.

Silver must've felt that too, because he began to cry harder.

The last night you'll spend alone

I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go

I'm everything you need me to be  

Gold continued to stroke his friend comfortingly. 

" Silver... what happened? " He asked softly.

" M-my father called. He told me to j-join T-team Rocket. I ref-fused and h-he got mad and called me useless..." Silver managed to choke through sobs.

Your parents say everything is your fault

But they don't know you like I know you

They don't know you at all  

Gold flinched. He knew Silver was fragile when it came to his family. Silver basically grew up in a cold environment, literally. Silver never knew love. He was hit and taught things evilly. Now Giovanni just called him useless. 

Silver never felt so much hurt when Giovanni called him useless. He just wanted praise and respect from his father. Nothing else.

Gold held Silver until he stopped crying. There was a silence before Gold softly said, " Hey, come in and I'll wrap your wrist and make you some hot milk. It will help. "

Silver nodded, and both slowly pulled away, as if not sure if they were completely stable. 

Silver sat on the couch quietly, his wrist wrapped in a bandage and a blanket draped over his shoulders as Gold prepared the drink. He felt bad. He just burst in here with a bleeding wrist and almost crying. Silver clenched his fist. Of all the people he could've bothered, it was Gold.

Gold handed Silver the drink, getting a murmured thanks in response.

There was a silence as Silver quietly sipped his drink. Gold looked away awkwardly.

" Ya know... I never thought of you as useless. You are awesome. You're also a good buddy of mine. I would punch your old man for saying that to you. "

Silver's head shot up in surprise.

" W-what? " 

" Yeah! Of course! You deserve so much more than that. Stupid Pryce kidnapped you when you were little and now Giovanni turns on his son after so many years of search and calls him useless. It's fucked up! " Gold had his fist clenched to his sides.

Silver was speechless. He and Gold were close friends, true, but he never had such a heartfelt speech from an asshole like him. He felt a warmth in his chest, and he was horrified to feel his face turn hot. Oh no, he was blushing, wasn't it? 

Gold saw Silver turn red, which made him blush as well. " Ahh.. I mean.. "

" Thanks... " Silver said softly, setting his drink on the coffee table in front of the couch, keeping his eyes trained to his lap.

" L-look, Silver... "

Gold said, sitting on the couch next to Silver, " if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me, this will be the first and last night I see you like this. "

Silver looked at Gold, and was startled as Gold enveloped him in another hug. 

Gold was heartbroken to see Silver like this, and he didn't know what else to do, so he sat down and hugged him.

This embrace wasn't like the first one he received. It was more caring and comforting and less awkward. They hugged longer than they should have.

The last night you'll spend alone

I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go

I'm everything you need me to be

The last night away from me ...

A/N: Aiiiiiie, I lost interest in this, cuz I had other things to due to uh, school and uh, excuses. *Cough cough* Im sorry okie? ;~; Hope you liked it :D