Orientation Day

-Rebecca's POV-

I jump in the car and turn up Par Benatar. My mom and I always listen to the 70's or 80's stations on our drive to school. On our first day of school A.K.A. hell with fluorescent lighting we have to wear skirts that are obnoxiously short and tight; plus we have to sit in the chapel while staying eerily quiet and still.

I walk through the gates that are on Hoover. I see the school that I was so happy to escape from when summer came, but I now am excited that I get to come back and see all my friends mostly Francis.

I drop off my backpack and head to the middle school courtyard. I kick the door leading to the courtyard with all my strength. I am greeted from hugs from people I hadn't seen in 10 weeks!

We all were overwhelmed by the happiness of being able to see old and new faces. As the hustle and bustle of all the commotion calmed down we headed to our beautiful chapel. I sat down next to Joseph and right next to Beatrice as well.

I heard the head of school give her long annoying speech that she gives every year. I sort of listened to the speech, but mostly I was staring at the sea of people in the chapel and then my eyes settled on him and my heart skipped a beat.