Chapter 5

Finn's P.O.V

The ride home from the baby shower is surprisingly silent.

"Hey so Quinn is staying in New York for a bit, so she might be coming to visit" I say awkwardly trying to fill the silence.

Rachel just nods.

"Rach, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just... tired," she says.

"Alright we're almost home and then you can go to sleep."

When we arrive back at the apartment we lay down on the couch and watch tv. Rachel is asleep within minutes.

After about five minutes of Rachel being asleep someone knocks on the door. I slowly get up to answer without waking Rachel. I open the door to see Quinn.

"Quinn, hi!" I say, surprised.

"Hi finn," she says, "I need to talk to rachel."

"She's actually asleep right now," I start.

"I'm awake," Rachel says, getting up off of the couch.

"Okay I'll just leave you two alone then," I say going into the bedroom.

Rachel's P.O.V

Quinn and I sit down on the couch.

"Okay," she says, "I think I'm gonna go visit Beth in Lima."

"Quinn that's great!" I say wondering what this has to do with me.

"But I was wondering if you could do me a favour?"

"Sure, anything."

"Rachel, will you come to Lima with me?"

"What?" I say stunned.

"Please? I can't go alone."

"What about puck?"

"He really wants to come but he can't, he has to be at work that week."

"Why me?"

"Shelby's your mom!" She says, "that means you and beth are basically sisters, or something. Please rachel? Pleeeeease?"

"Ugh fine," I say giving in.

"Thank you so much! Oh by the way our flight leaves tomorrow at 3:00 pm. I'll be here at around 1 to pick you up."

"Tomorrow?" I thought her birthday was next week!"

"It is but this is the only flight available before then, we'll be staying in a hotel for the week we can go visit everybody. It'll be fun."

"You're lucky I'm so nice Fabray."

"I really am," she says walking over to the door, " bye Rachel."

The next day, my bag is packed and I'm ready to go.

"I'm really going to miss you Rachel," Finn says pulling me into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you too," I say, my voice hoarse.

He smiles then leans over and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss.

"I'll call you every night," I say when we come up for air.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you too."

Quinn and I arrive in Lima at 4:00 pm. We pick up our bags and took a taxi to the hotel.

In the cab I ask Quinn "why aren't we just staying with Shelby?"

"Beth doesn't know I'm coming yet and Shelby and I decided it would be best to surprise her on her birthday."

"In other words you're scared and you're trying to put it off?"

"Uh yeah."

We stop at the hotel and grab our bags, Quinn pays the driver and we walk up to our room.

"Okay Rachel, now that we're alone, you have to tell me what's going on," Quinn says sitting down on one of the two beds.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I can tell you're stressing about something," she says, "ever since the baby shower you've been a nervous wreck."

Only Quinn Fabray can tell when someone's freaking out on the inside.
"Look Quinn, I'm not really ready to talk about it."

"Then why did you tell Kurt?"

"How did you know I told Kurt?"

"Because at the baby shower you two left the bathroom together and your eyes were all puffy."

"Okay yes I told Kurt!" I admit, "but Quinn I did something awful, and I don't know what to do!"

"Why don't you start by telling me what happened." she suggests.

I sigh, "Okay well about 7 months ago Finn was away, and-and we were fighting and then Sam came over and we did it!" I start sobbing, "I didn't mean to it just kind of happened and he didn't have protection and what if he's the father and I don't know what to do!" I was hysterical.

"Rachel," Quinn said in an understanding tone, " you have to tell Finn."

"What? Why?"

"Because I've been through what you're going through and the last thing you want is for him to find out through somebody else."

I lie back on the bed, crying. "But I can't tell him, he'll be so upset!"

"Hold on Rachel I'm calling for backup."

After 20 minutes Santana arrived at the hotel.

"Rachel, Quinn told me everything." She says "I'm so sorry."

"I don't know what to do!" I sob.

"Rachel you need to tell him!" she says

"But why?" I cry.

"Because if that baby pops out with blonde hair and a trouty mouth doing stupid impressions he'll figure it out eventually."

"Oh my god!" I start to hyperventilate.

"Please Rachel," Quinn says putting a hand on my shoulder, "don't make the same mistake I did."

"I don't know, I'll have to think about it," I say, feeling dizzy.

"You have to do the right thing here Rachel," Santana says.

I nod and feel suddenly nauseas. "I'll try," I say before throwing up on the floor.

**************************************************************************

So this chapter was sort of a filler but I haven't updated in a while so.

Oh my god you guys are awesome! I have over 200 reads and 14 votes!!!! thank so much ily😘

Next: Rachel and Quinn go to Beth's birthday. How will Shelby react to Rachel's pregnancy? Will Quinn and Beth be able to keep up their relationship in person instead of just over the phone?

I promise I'll try to update sooner.

Xoxo Lily