"What's up?" I asked, placing my book to the side of me to give Jesse my full attention.

"Asher told you about the whole deal with the rooms, right?" Jesse questioned me. I groaned. I had completely forgotten.

"Yeah," I replied quietly.

"Would you prefer having my room and then I could just sleep in here with him?"

I softly gasped. Was he offering me his room? I used to beg him to trade with me so that I could have my own privacy but he had always denied me. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, of course. He's my friend anyway," he pointed out obviously. I immediately jumped up and ran over to my dresser. With a wide grin, I began pulling my clothes out and making a huge pile so that I could easily carry them to my new room.

"Oh my gosh, thank you, Jesse," I exclaimed.

"Woah, calm down before I take back my offer," he laughed. "You seem a little too eager not to share a room with Asher." I stopped what I was doing.

"Are you kidding? I don't even know the guy. He could be planning to kill me in my sleep for all I know," I exaggerated, then returned my attention to my clothes in the drawers. I mean, I knew Asher would not do that, but he could be planning to do something else...

I could tell that Jesse rolled his eyes when he replied, "Yeah, I bet." I heard his footsteps approach the door. "Lemme just go get my stuff. I'll be right back."

He must have had his things already ready because he returned in less than a minute. Carefully, I picked up my ginormous pile of clothes and held it tightly against my chest and underneath my chin for support.

"I'll be back for my shoes," I told him as I exited the bedroom.

Ever since our families this house, Jesse had had his own room. I am not sure why or how that happened, but that was just the way it was. And might I had, his room was beautiful. The walls were a cool shade of blue and it was much bigger than the room that Ryan and I were forced to share. Thankfully, the dresser was even bigger, because I could hardly fit my clothes in the one in the other room.

After placing my items in the drawers, I made my way back to the other room.

"Where is Ryan gonna sleep?" I asked Jesse.

Jesse looked up from where he was placing his shoes in the closet to answer. "Oh, he is sleeping downstairs on the pull-out couch. We actually made a bet to see who would win this bed. Obviously, he lost. Today is just not his day." We both laughed.

I bent down to start picking up my shoes. I had a little obsession with buying shoes that I did not particularly need, but I had only brought six pairs with me: two pairs of sneakers, two pairs of flip-flops, one pair of wedges, and one pair of nice heels. Surprisingly, I was able to carry them all in one trip, including the book that I placed in my mouth and bit down on. I was careful not to touch it with my tongue.

After I finished organizing my things, I turned off the light and got under the covers of my bed. Well, technically Jesse's bed. It wasn't late, but I was exhausted from the sun and our long drive down here, so before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

........

The next day, I shockingly slept in until eleven, despite the fact that I had gone to bed moderately early. After I had gotten dressed and grabbed my book to head to the beach, I noticed that everyone was already gone. No one had woken me up. Had no one even wondered if I was awake?