; Craig

I'll admit it. The beach is a lively place.

A playground's lively colors seem to sing in harmony with the sound of the ocean as kids goof around on its swings and slides. The sand of the beach itself is quite empty, save for the several children splashing in it and the seagulls bobbing on top of the water. I follow Evan and Tyler and the others to a spot near the far end of the beach shaded by trees.

Daithi and Jaclyn immediately sit on a large piece of sturdy driftwood together, while Marcel and Lui resort to kicking sand at each other. Simone sits under a tree and takes out what seems to be an English workbook, Carly and Evan sit down next to each other under another tree. I find a nice piece of driftwood and take out The Odyssey.

Greek myths have always seemed to intrigue me, yet I still don't know why. Maybe it's the way every story seems to weave into the others, creating a beautiful tapestry of the mind. Maybe it's how people actually used to believe that there was actually hundreds of gods out there, controlling the world's qualities. It all is just amazing to me.

As I read, I become vaguely aware that someone is watching me, yet my eyes do not leave the pages.

...his heart set on his wife and his return---Calypso, the bewitching nymph, the lustrous goddess, held him back, deep in her arching caverns, craving him for a husband.

A lump forms in my throat. I swallow it down immediately.

Someone's still watching me. I hate it. I can feel it.

I gaze up a little from the book, and for a slight second Tyler's light blue-gray eyes seem to stare back at mine before looking down at his feet.

And tears begin welling in my eyes.

----

this is trash probs because it took like five minutes to write lol i'm also trash tho

but yay 10th chapter haha

also btw even though i'm writing a minicat fanfic i still love tyler and kelly ok bye

~ tay