Chapter 18

A/N I skipped forward to the second task....i didn't mean to, but i'd already wrote it out before I realized i'd switched the tasks around.....so....o.O!

Siera walked next to Ginny towards the black lake. It was a bit windy, and she had to hold her new winter hat in place as they made their way down the hill.

Halfway down, they encountered two yelling teenage boys holding trays of sweets in their arms. As they passed, Ginny was knocked around a bit. It was George and Fred, selling their newest sweets to the unsuspecting crowd. "Stop being so rude!" Ginny yelled.

"Sorry Ginny, hi Siera!" They said at the exact moment.

George placed a quick kiss on Siera's cheek and asked her to save them a spot before running to catch up with Fred, who had convinced a group of second years into buying.

"Should we stop them...?" Siera wondered aloud.

Ginny shook her head. "They need the money to keep making the sweets."

"But those poor people..."

"They'll live, come on Siera lets get a good seat!" Ginny dragged Siera along as the crowd thickened. They found a seat on the very right dock, on the bottom. It was close and low enough make Siera nervous of the dark water.

"Where's Hermione and Ron?" Ginny asked, crunching on a piece of popcorn.

"I was just about to ask you that, they were supposed to meet us."

"Hmmm, maybe they finally confessed their undying love for each other and are hiding away together in the shrieking shack, planning their first date and-"

"Ginny...you need to stop obsessing over your brothers' love lives."

"Face it, if it weren't for me, George would never of thought of a good first date."

Siera grinned, remembering the little picnic she'd arranged next to the lake. "I'll give you that one...But don't let it get to your head."

"No promises there, hey look! It's Marvin."

"Who's Marvin?"

"That's Marvin." Ginny pointed to a a boy of average height, with dark hair. He was a bit on the skinny side and looked a little awkward.

"Is he your boy friend?"

"No, probably won't ever be. But I needed a date to the ball and Marvin seemed like a good enough choice. We haven't talked much since but he asked me out on a date yesterday."

"I thought you wanted to go out with Harry?"

"I'm not supposed to like him anymore!"

"What? Okay...I'm confused."

Ginny sighed as if Siera were extremely slow. "So, Harry knew I had a ginormous crush on him. What did he do? Nothing....so, I'm pretending not to like him so that he'll think 'huh, what happened?' and fall in love with me."

"You have a twisted, ruthless, logic. But that may work. It might take a while though."

"I don't care. I will wait!"

"Wait for what?" Fred asked, hooking an arm around Ginny's neck and giving her a noogy.

"Ugh let me go Fred!"

Fred laughed and let her go. "George will be here in a moment, he's getting some rations."

The crowd's chatter intensified and loudened. Siera checked her watch, it was almost time for the task to start. She was scared, for Harry, and for the other contestants. She'd had a few interesting conversations with Fleur and Viktor. And Cedric was a kind of friend. She didn't want to see anyone getting hurt.