Ashley Purdy Imagine

You were a emo kid from a small town in the middle of the prairies of Saskatchewan. No one knew you even existed. You had like three friends who actually cared about you. Everyone else could care less if you were dead or alive. So your friend Angel, who you’ve been friends with since you were little finds out who her real family is. She’s a foster child and you were the one who always stood up for her when she was being picked on. It may of taken her years being she had been looking since she was thirteen. You were both twenty three and moving on with your lives. You were a mechanic and she was a hairdresser. She told you she was going to L.A. to go meet her real family. Huh, what you would give to have a family. Yours got rid of you when you were fifteen. She finally had someone, but you no one. You wished her luck as she left for her plane. When you got home you heard noises coming from the bedroom you shared with your boyfriend, Ivan. You bust down the door to find him with another girl. Why are you surprised though? It’s happened before. Every time he come’s home from work, he’s sleeping with another girl while you are working your ass off to sustain both of you. This time though, you’ve had it. You grab your suitcase shove all your clothes and other essentials in and head for the door. He tells the other girl to wait a second, grabs his clothes and comes after you.

-Hey! Get your ugly emo ass back here you piece of shit! He yells.

-Why? What have I ever done to you? You scream at the top of your lungs.

-You think you can just come in here any time you want? He yells. Then something happened. His hand struck your face. Hard. Then he proceeds to kick you in the stomach and stomp on your ankle. He grabs you by the throat. His hands squeezing all the air from your lungs. Then he slams you to the floor. You grab your things and limp to the door. You stand outside the house you once shared with your boyfriend and started crying. You take out your cell phone and call your grandparents, who live on a little farm not to far from here. Your grandma picks up:

-Hello dear, she says softly into the phone, she hears your crying, What’s wrong? She says.

-Me and Ivan got into a huge fight. We broke up and he hit me. You manage to say through the tears. Can I come stay with you until I find a new place?

-Why of course sweetie. I’ll come pick you up. She says as she hangs up the phone.

~~~~A Week Later~~~~~~

Your feeling better knowing you never have to see that ass hole again. It’s a beautiful summer day and you decide to go horse back riding. Your walking through the fields, the wheat shining in the afternoon sun, as you look up you see a little black truck coming up the gravel road towards you. As it get’s closer you realize it belongs to Angel.

-Oh my god V! Are you alright? She screams as she jumps out and runs to you. You get of your horse and limp over to hug her.

-I’m fine. You say as you look back and see a guy sitting in the passengers seat. He’s looks really hot. In your unusual standard way. Guys with piercings and tattoo’s always look better than guys who don’t. He has sleeves on both arms and long black hair.

-Who’s that? You finally ask.

-Oh! I almost forgot! Ashley get out here I have to introduce you to someone! Angel says in her usual peppy voice.

He gets out of the truck, and you just stand there not knowing what to say or do. He gets out and smiles and introduces himself.

-Hi I’m Ashley, Angels brother. He says with a really cute voice you can’t seem to get over.

-Hi I’m V, Angels best friend. You say in a kinda shy voice.

-I know, she told me lots about you. Thanks for looking after her when I wasn’t around. I really appreciate it.

-No problem. You say, feeling like a total dork in front of such a good looking guy.

-Hey can I go pull into the yard? I want some of your grandma’s cooking. I missed it so much! Angel says, her voice filled with delight.

-Sure. You say as they both get back into the truck. You ride back along side the truck in the ditch. When you get back you visit with everyone and eat some really good food. Your sitting beside Ashley, who looks really upset. You turn to him and ask what’s up.

-I really don’t know. he starts, trying not to interrupt the other conversation going on, Well actually, me and my girlfriend broke up. I really liked her and I guess she didn’t feel the same way. It really pisses me off you know?

But of course you did. You and Ivan only broke up a week ago, and you really thought he was the one. At first, I mean, he cheats on you, you break up, he asks for you back and it repeats. You knew exactly how it feels.

- Yeah, I do get what you’re going through. You say.

-Wanna go outside and talk about it? He says.

-Yeah. You answer back.

He helps you to your feet and you hold onto him as he picks you up off the couch. You go outside to the barn and talk about, well, everything. From your break-ups to the horses. From music to the paranormal and everything in between. You never thought you’d have so much in common.

-Hey you wanna go for a little ride? He says gesturing to your new horse, Ashes.

- I think that’d be nice. You say as he leads the horse you were riding earlier, Grimm, over and helps you on. He gets on Ashes and you two wonder off down the road, talking, laughing and him asking about how you survive living where there isn’t much of anything. You laugh and start talking about how you take your horses and just go…….not really knowing where. It just made sense. You guys are out all afternoon and go back when it’s getting dark. He helps you inside. A couple hours go by, and Angel says she wants to go home because she’s tired. Ashley quickly takes your phone and puts his number in. He smiles and walks out with Angel. That night, you’re getting ready to go to bed and your phone goes off. It’s Ashley! You’re so exited. You get to your phone as fast as you can to read what its says:

Hey V, I couldn’t say this in person but I think you’re really pretty and one of the coolest, if not the coolest, girl I’ve ever hung out with. I was wondering if you’d be my girlfriend?

You look at your phone. It’s not a hard question to answer, but there’s something holding you back from saying yes. You think about it……you still after all these times like Ivan. Why? You keep asking yourself. Why? Ashley is the perfect guy and Ivan isn’t. Why? Then you remember what he did to you. He hit you. Ashley wold never do that. So you picked up your phone and responded……Yes.