24. Thereokinesis (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Pain in my head suddenly began to subdue and then I realized it was because of the warm hands that were gently placed on my arm.

Breathing hot breathe, I looked aside, not liking the interruption. It was her, sitting beside me, a drop of tear rolled down her expressing concerned eyes.

"Please, don't hurt him," she signaled, her voice in my brain was quivering although pleasing, "you are his grandson."

I glowered at her, unable to believe that she, like Doctor, also respected my grandfather's horrible, meaningless motto that was apparently the reason for Shashi to stay alive, Zarina Khan to still crave for the pleasure of money and a self-obsessed father like Jyran Kerenza.

That was the moment I realized how wrong my grandfather was, that I disapproved his way of ruling his kingdom and I was against his motto. His preposterous decision of keeping these people alive, has snatched my parents away and now my family like friends were suffering.

It was all his fault.

"He killed your brother," I said to her, through my gritted teeth, "he deserves it."

"My brother isn't dead yet. There is still one last hope."

My grip against Jyran's neck loosened. The monster inside me simmered down. I was too stunned to even crease my brow, but stared at her contemplating. What was she talking about? One last hope? Was she going to do something, was she the miracle I was hoping for?

But it wasn't her.

"Grrrrr....."

There was a rumbling growl followed by a loud bark emerging in the great hall. Before I could even look around, a black, tall and wide creature out of nowhere, dripping it's drool on my hands, leaped over me and Nazira, throwing us far apart.

Jyran was free of my deadly grip and he crawled aside groaning in pain and panting heavily. He quickly took his canister out, opened the gates to Paschimgarh and within seconds jumped out of it. I didn't want him to escape with the Shaatrumani, I didn't want him to live at all. My first instinct was to go after him but when I noticed the creature was actually a large hound, now whirling around towards us, everything about Jyran drained out of my mind.

Silence fell in the great hall for a few seconds. I was watching the hound walking too insolently towards Pruthvi. Goosebumps exploded over my skin, although I shouldn't be that surprised on watching the hound that started changing it's shape, growing into a fully formed muscular man, his blank robes magically forming beneath his waist.

"Maruti!" I heard Nazira's voice, filled with enthusiasm.

I frowned at first, not understanding why she was calling him by a different name. But as it approached closer I realized what it was all about.

Short stubby red beak, green short feathers, glazing black eyes, flying up in the air was a ring neck parrot.

"Nazi! Nazi!" It shrieked, similar to what I had heard two days ago. It was flying straight  towards Nazira to settle on her finger.

Turning aside to look at the hound turned human, none other than Shourya, was sitting down beside Pruthvi. I silently watched what he was up to. And whatever he did blew my mind away.

He set Pruthvi's body upright, holding him by his nape. Faintly growling, letting his sharp front teeth out, he bit his own hand, grossing me out. He pulled Pruthvi's jaw down and positioned his hand against Pruthvi's mouth, forcibly making him drink his blood.

"What are you doing!?" I cried, totally freaked out and running closer.

"STAY BACK!" Shourya bellowed at me, his eyes ferociously yellow in color and streaks of blood dripping down his wrist and Pruthvi's mouth, "We don't have time to answer your questions. NAZIRA, TAKE HIM AWAY."