Twenty Five

***Very important author's note at the end, and would be greatly appreciated if y'all would read that!

Joey—

I watched Charlotte as she snapped pictures of us working. Even pictures of Kelsey and Emmett, who had decided to visit us today.

Emmett gurgled at me as Kelsey placed him in my arms. Charlotte smiled as took a quick photo, then sat down next to me. She leaned up, kissing my cheek and then resting her head against my shoulder.

"You guys are too precious," Kelsey grinned, "I can't wait for y'alls wedding."

"Neither can I." Charlotte laughed.

Emmett looked over to Charlotte, and slowly he smiled, reaching out for her. Charlotte grinned, letting Emmett hold her index finger as she cooed at him.

"Somebody likes their aunt Charlie." Caleb smiled.

I smirked, "I mean, I like her. She's a pretty cute one."

Charlotte rolled her eyes and shook her head. I leaned over slightly, gently kissing her forehead. Then turned back to Emmett as he cooed once more.

"You'd definitely be a good father, baby." Charlotte whispered.

"She's not lying, Joe." Kelsey laughed, "I see that look you have when you hold him."

I smiled slightly, "It's just amazing to see that God has blessed you with something so innocent."

"My goodness. I love you, Joey." Charlotte giggled.

"Hm. I love you too, angel." I mumbled.

~*~*~

Charlotte and I sat in the bed of a friend's truck that I borrowed. Blankets and pillows filled the back, along with Charlotte being cuddled up to me.

"It's so beautiful," she mumbled.

"Not as beautiful as you." I grinned.

She rolled her eyes, snuggling closer to me as she shivered, even pulling over an extra blanket. I smiled, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

"I love you, Joey." She whispered.

"I love you too, princess." I smiled.

Charlotte sighed, nuzzling her face into my neck. My hand laid on the small of her back, pushing her even closer to me. I could feel her smile against my skin as she wrapped her other arm around my waist.

I let out a breath and closed my eyes, smiling to myself.

I could remember Caleb and Kelsey's wedding, when Charlotte and I were dancing. It was then that I knew I for sure loved her, and that she was the one I wanted. Because in that moment, she had whispered, Maybe one day this could be us.

And it was going to be us.

"I'm tired," she whined.

I laughed, "Go to sleep, angel. I'll stay right here."

"Don't have to tell me twice," she whispered, giggling quietly.

Charlotte stayed in the same position as she slowly fell asleep. I grinned, leaning down and kissing her forehead. Then quickly and subtly got my phone from my pocket, and got onto Snapchat, taking a picture of the star-filled night sky. Then quickly typed something onto the picture before saving it and posting it onto my story.

 Then quickly typed something onto the picture before saving it and posting it onto my story

"I fell in love with beauty," I mumbled, "Charlotte's my beauty."

It was true; she was everything I needed. God blessed me with a beautiful woman.

~*~*~

Charlotte giggled, gently pushing on my chest. She had woken me up for the sunrise.

Surprisingly, she did manage to wake me to watch it.

"You love me," she grinned, kissing my cheek.

"That I do," I whispered, taking her hand gently and kissing the back of it.

She laughed, "You're so cheesy, Joe."

"But that's what you love about me," I smirked, looking at her.

Charlotte rolled her eyes, completely unaware that I was admiring her. As usual when I had the chance.

It was still so surreal to me that she was mine. Even after knowing her for almost five years now. Five years since I asked her to be my girlfriend, five years since I've moved to Nashville, five years since I've been in the band and have an amazing career.

"It's not nice to stare, baby." Charlotte sniggered.

"But," I grinned, "I'm not technically staring. I am enjoying the amazing view of the girl who's becoming my wife. Is that nice?"

"I guess," she murmured.

I rolled over to my side, smiling at her and gently pressing my lips to her forehead.

"I love you so very much." I whispered.

She giggled, "And you're so very sweet, Joey."

"Not as sweet as you," I smirked, leaning over and kissing her.

Once again, she rolled her eyes and her priceless smile spread across her lips. She shook her head, laying her hands on my chest.

"You're lucky I love you too, Joseph Patrick." She murmured.

I groaned, "Not the full name, Charlotte Mae."

She laughed, "Or should I say my Joe-baby," she smirked.

"Char-baby." I grinned.

Charlotte grumbled under her breath, then nuzzled her face into my chest. I loved these moments with her.

Quiet moments where it was just us, having each other in presence. Nothing romantic. Just holding each other in the silence. It was amazing, and something that I loved.

Charlotte giggled, "Stop thinking and cuddle me," she whined.

"I thought I was," I laughed.

"Hold me closer," she pouted, "Kiss me, tell me you love me."

I grinned, pulling her as close to my body as I could. I gently kissed her forehead, then kissed her lips.

"Charlotte Mae, I love you so much and I'm so happy that you chose me to be your husband." I murmured.

"I love you too, Joseph Patrick Stamper. I'm so very happy that you're gonna be my husband."

I laughed, "Now, look at us. We're being sappy again."

A/N

Yay, another chapter. Okay, so this a/n is actually important. The next chapter is the last chapter before the epilogue.

Next chapter— is the wedding chapter for sure.
But I need ideas, what do you want to see for the epilogue?

Anyway. Vote and comment, because I love reading them.

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏻