Three

Joey—

I woke up cuddled against Charlotte and with her playing with my hair. I snuggled into her more, enjoying the silence with her.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Almost six." She answered.

I groaned, "I'm hungry."

"I'm sure we can find something to eat." She laughed, "Or we could go to chickfila."

"Chickfila is always winner!" I grinned.

She smiled as she tapped my nose. Then laughed as she squished my face. She giggled, "I love playing with your face. You're just so adorable."

"I'm adorable? My soon-to-be wife is pretty gorgeous. If I say so myself." I grinned.

"Quit that, will you?" She muttered, leaning down and connecting our lips.

"Why do I love kissing you so much?" I asked.

"Because I'm a good kisser." She replied cheekily.

"I was going along the lines of that I love you. But that works too." I muttered.

She giggled, "That too."

I just laid there, in my position. My head on her stomach, my arms around her waist and our legs entwined. I looked up at Charlotte, admiring her. She was just simply beautiful. I felt extremely lucky to love her.

"I love you so much, Charlotte Mae." I whispered.

She smiled, "I love you too, Joseph Patrick."

"No," I stated, "You don't understand, Charlotte. I really love you. You're my blessing."

She smiled, running her fingers through my hair. She leaned down, pressing her lips to mine.

"I really love you too, Joey." She grinned.

"God, what did I do to have such a wonderful woman?" I muttered.

~*~*~

I sat at the office, with the guys and Charlotte. She just sat on the couch with her laptop, phone and her camera.

"Guys, we might as well get Char her own her desk." I stated randomly.

Charlotte looked to me, "No. I'm fine."

"Angel, you're here all the time, and you don't have an office of your own." I argued.

"Baby, I'm fine, really. Once we find a house, and we're married, I'll get an office at the house. I'll be fine, I don't need one." She sighed.

Caleb nodded, "Joey's got a point though. I'm sure if we rearranged some stuff, we could fit another desk."

"Yeah! Come on, Charlotte. We like having you here. You're funny." Chad agreed.

"See, angel." I muttered. Charlotte rolled her eyes at me. I grinned, "You love me!"

"Sadly." She mumbled.

"Hey!" I pouted.

She giggled and sat her things down as she stood up. She made her way over and kissed my cheek.

She smiled, "Of course I love you. Now, I'm gonna get lunch. Do you boys want me to pick up something for you?"

"Would you?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yes."

"Thanks!" Spencer exclaimed.

"I love you." I whispered.

She smiled and leaned down, kissing me goodbye. "I love you too. I'll be back in a little while."

She kissed my cheek once more, then turned away, collecting her things. She waved at me as she left. I sighed happily as the door shut.

"God, I love that woman." I muttered.

"How did you two meet?" Spencer asked.

"I met her in the woods. I was just taking a hike soon after moving to Nashville, to get some air. I came out to a cliff, and she was there taking pictures. She was nineteen, getting ready to turn twenty. I was already twenty, getting ready to turn twenty one. It wasn't long after I met her, that I asked her out." I answered.

"They've just celebrated their fourth anniversary." Chad muttered.

I rolled my eyes, "Hey, if she could handle me for four years, when I went through some stuff, surely she could handle me for a life time. Besides, I love her. I fall in love with her more everyday."

"I've got a really cheesy question." Spencer stated. I nodded, allowing him to continue. "What do you love most about her?"

"Her beauty." I replied, "Not her physical appearance, but her soul is beautiful. Like, I don't know how to explain. She chose a career with art, and when you're with someone who chose that career, it makes you see the beauty in little things. I found the beauty in her."

"That's deep." He mumbled.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "I'm being serious. That woman is a gift from God, and I don't know what I did to deserve her."

All of us looked up as someone knocked on the door. It was a young woman, roughly around my age or younger. She was mixed, and had darker hair.

"May we help you?" Caleb asked.

"I'm just looking for a Joseph Stamper." She stated.

I perked up, correcting my position in my chair. I spoke up, "That's me. What do you need?"

She gave a slight smile, "I'm Sophia. I'm sure you remember me from high school, honey."

"No. No. No." I muttered. I shook my head, "Is there something you want?"

"I want you to come to dinner with me. I just want to talk." She replied.

"Sorry, but I'm taken." I stated simply.

She sighed, "Not as a date. Just two friends catching up."

"Sophia, no offense, but we don't have anything going on. We broke up years ago, and you stopped talking to me all together." I responded, "I'm taken and happily engaged."

She laughed and leaned up against the wall, shaking her head. She smiled, "I'm engaged as well. I have no interest in rekindling what we had."

"I'll think about it." I mumbled.

She gave another smile and walked over. She took my sticky-note pad and pen, scribbling something down.

"Just call me when you make up your mind." She grinned, setting down the note pad. "Bye, honey."

And with that she left. I was left shocked. How did she find me after almost eight years?

She left, and the door slammed shut. The guys looked at me, with a confused look on their faces as well.

"Who was she?" Chad asked.

"I dated her in high school of my junior year. She was a freshman at the time. We broke up because she criticized me and cheated on me." I answered, "What does she want now?"

"Are you gonna go?" Spencer questioned.

I shook my head, "Probably not. I'll tell Charlotte what happened, but I'm not going. She hadn't been talking to me,"

"Maybe you should." Caleb shrugged, "I mean, if you're just going as a friend, then it shouldn't hurt. Take Charlotte with you."

"Nah." I replied, "I have no interest in Sophia. I have Charlotte, and she's all I want."

A/N

You guys! The response for this book is crazy already. In the two chapters I've posted already, along with the prelude and characters, I have 46 views. That honestly surprises me, but makes me unbelievably happy.

So, thank you! 😊😉

Vote and comment!

-xxBabyxxGirlxx😘✌🏼️