She loves you

Jay had never been one to talk about his feelings, when he came back from serving in the army - he wouldn't talk about what happened there. He just lashed out. It was something that everyone around him knew about. His father tried to help him, but it didn't work. Nothing seemed to work. But nobody gave up and after a while the old Jay came back. Even though he still wouldn't talk about what happened, he had learnt to deal with it. In his own way.

It had been three days since Emily was stabbed at Molly's. Dr Rhodes had performed surgery on her abdomen, in an effort to stop the internal bleeding that had been caused my the wound. But now, it was a waiting game. According to Dr Rhodes, when she was stabbed the blade had punchered her lung, causing a pneumothorax. But Dr Rhodes was confident that he could fix it, which he was planning to do when he next took her into surgery. Jay watched as Emily was wheeled away from him, just the thought of losing his sister made him want to break down. 

Severide was a mess after what had happened. From what he knew, he could be facing a charge of attempted murder since Grant could have died from the slice on his neck that Severide had made with a piece of piping. Because of these charges, Jay had told Severide he shouldn't go to the hospital. If he was charged, him even going into the hospital could make it look like he was trying go after Grant again or that he was trying to intimidate a witness. Even though Severide was desperate to see Emily, he knew that Jay was right. He knew how it would look. 

Both Jay and Will would take turns sitting with their sister, just holding her hand and hoping that she would wake up. Jay was the one who was able to tell Severide the news that he wasn't going to be charged with attempted murder, so he would be able to come and visit Emily. Since the incident he had gone back to work, trying to do anything that could keep his mind off the girl he was in love with lying on a hospital bed. So the moment he was told he could finally go and visit her, he spoke to Chief Boden and was allowed to leave and visit her. 

When Severide finally arrived at the hospital, Jay was already sat with Emily.Holding her hand and talking to her. Severide stood at the door, not wanting to interrupt this moment between the siblings. He just listened as Jay talked about giving Emily her first drink at 14, according to Jay he was trying to get back at her for breaking one of his games or something - Jay couldn't seem to remember the exact reason himself. But he knew he did it to get her into trouble with their father. As Severide listened to Jay tell this story, he smiled. 

"Hey" Jay said, turning around to look at Severide. "I'll leave you alone with her" Jay said standing up and starting to walk out of the room. 

"She was trying to think of a way to fix this rift between you both, you know" Severide said, Jay turned and looked at Severide before speaking again. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was driving her crazy" Severide said "All she wanted was to make it up to you but she couldn't think of a way to do it" Severide told him. Jay was shocked about this, he didn't think that Emily would care about him that much. Espically after what he had said to her.  "She loves you" Severide said, just as the words left his mouth the monitors that surrounded Emily went off. "What's happening?" Severide asked, as doctors and nurses ran into the room. 

"Someone page Dr Rhodes" One of the doctors shouted as they started CPR on Emily, Severide and Jay were ushered out of the room. Out of no where Dr Rhodes ran past them and straight into Emily's room, barking orders at the other doctors and nurses already there. All of a sudden Emily was wheeled out on the bed. 

"What's going on?" Jay asked Dr Rhodes. 

"Emily has internal bleeding, we think the knife may have nicked something else" Dr Rhodes said, trying not to give away to much information. Since, on paper - neither of them was Emily's next of kin. But in a matter of fact. Neither was Will. 

Vote and Comment.