Chapter 5

"Say something, I'm giving up on you"

- A Great Big World

Two years had passed, and Hermione had moved on. She still loved Ron, about that she could nothing. But she wasnt in love with him anymore. Her heart didn't long for him like it did before. Only on rare nights did the seams she so carefully sewed on her heart come off and she cried for him. For their love. For her. For what they could be. And slowly, her stitches had become stronger. Her bad nights had become few and far inbetween. More infrequent. For this she was glad. She finally felt secure enough to go out. To meet new people.

After that fateful night, she had crashed at Ginny and Harry's. But she soon realised that she did indeed have a life that didn't contain Ron. After only four days, she had found herself an apartment only three blocks away from The Ministry of Magic. She worked as a Ministry Official for Foreign Affairs. She knew how to speak nine different languages and this made her job much more easy for her. Plus, Harry also worked as the Head of Aurors and so whenever Hermione felt like she needed someone, she would just walk over to her best friend's office. She was even proud to say that she went out on dates. She had gone on seven to be exact. She didn't really like any of them too much though. Everybody knew her and always seemed intimidated around her. She was one third of the Golden Trio after all.

George Weasly and her had become closer than ever after the 'wedding'. She did not know why but she liked being around him. Not in the romantic sort of way. He was happily married to Angela. But he knew what it felt like to lose someone you truly loved. How to get back on your feet after the loss. She wasn't saying that her loss was the same as his. No. His cuts were way deeper than her's. But he understood the insensitivity of life. The war had taken a toll on all of them. But he was affected worst. And he still remained the same George he was in Hogwarts. She loved that about him. So as they were really close, it wasn't a surprise when his brown tawny owl, Coffee, flew through the window at her apartment and dropped a letter in Hermione's lap one fine Saturday evening.

"I've found the perfect person for you. Call me on the telephone. I've got something to explain before you meet him."

Hermione was just getting her first bite into a delicious looking crumpet and she thought I'll give him a call right after. But when she walked into her living room, she got so ingrossed on what was in the telly that she forgot. She only remembered after she got up in the morning to find four missed calls on her mobile. She had taught George how to use a mobile and after he'd learnt he wouldn't get off of it. She called him.

"Goodmorning"
"Hi George. I'm so sorry. I forgot to call you yesterday."
" Oh don't worry. But I haven't asked anything off you in a very long time and my one true wish would be for you to meet him"
"You sound very teenager-y George. What's the matter? Why is he so important? "
"Haha. It's because I think you'll really like him. You've got to give him a chance before judging. Promise?"
"What? Why? What's wrong with him? You sound like he's got a hook for a hand."
"Urmm."
"Oh my god George. Are you seriously hooking me up with Captain Hook?"
"Urmm no..."
He sounded really uncertain.
"Okay as long as he can play a piano without gutting it I'll meet him."
"Promise?"
"Promise. What's his name?"
"Urmm...I can't tell you... right now..."
"What? Why?"
"Meet him first."
"Okay. How old is he?"
"Your age."
"How much schooling has he had? Did he go to Horwarts? Do I know him? Have I met him before?"
"Look. I can't answer your questions. Just meet him."
"But how can I meet him if I don't even know what he looks like?"
"Look Hermione, it's a blind date. Meet him. Make friends. Then make more than friends. You'll like him. I promise."
"Okay. I've got a condition then, you can't tell him who I am before he meets me. Deal?"
"That, I can do."
"So where and when am we meeting?"
"Tell me when you're free and I can let him know."
"You know, to make it properly blind, we should go out to an actual 'Blind' restaurant*."
"I love that idea. yes... let's go with that. How does Friday sound to you?"
"Friday sounds lovely."

She then hung up, having made her first ever blind date plans. At least now the bloke sitting opposite her wouldn't feel so intimidated. She couldn't deny the little jitters running through her body. Why was George so adamant on not telling her his name? Friday was going to be an interesting night.

*A Blind Restaurant is a place where one dines in the dark. The idea is to just feel the food and the conversion and experience it without visual aid.

Hi there!
I'm sorry about the extremely late update. My schedule is packing up rapidly and there's nothing I can do about it :( anyway I hope you liked the chapter. It took me like a day to finish it. which is horrible, I know. that's probably why the quality sucks. But this is just a bridging chapter. Kind of like a filler. I shall try to make it more interesting from now on. Promise. And anyway, I had to put something up otherwise you guys would eat me alive. No kidding. This chapter is dedicated to I_am_Peter_Pan because I had no intention of writing this chapter if not for her. So yea... Thanks. I hope you get the Peter Pan reference. Hahaha.
Love always,
Shivxx