01

Laura is one of the most popular students at her college and enjoys an active social life with many friends and family members. She is active on social networks and has over 800 friends on Facebook. She lives with three friends, Olivia, Isabel and Gustavo. She is also close friends with Kobe and is dating Tyler.

Laura receives a friend request from a student at her campus, Marina. Seeing her talents in animation, she accepts the request and begins a friendship with the lonely girl. Laura is Marina's first Facebook friend and her profile is plastered in bizarre and disturbing images. Marina's obsessive behaviour begins to make Laura feel uncomfortable.

However, when Laura shares a picture of herself at her birthday dinner - to which Marina was not invited - Marina publicly and angrily confronts Laura at her college campus. In the quarrel, Laura accidentally pushes Marina and her hood falls off, revealing Marina's hairless head, and she runs away.

Marina tries to apologise to Laura who unfriends her on Facebook. Seeing her number of friends down to zero, she angrily closes her laptop. That night, Marina records her suicide with her webcam, which automatically uploads the footage to social media.

Next morning, Laura receives a message from Marina containing the video of her suicide. Later on, it is posted to her Facebook page. Laura is unable to remove the video, and her friend count drops. Left with no choice, she tries to delete her account, but an unknown error occurs. When Kobe and Laura investigate Marina's Facebook page, they realise that the source code where it has been written in is not the normal code.

That night, Marina adds Gustavo as a friend and posts a distorted picture of his face. He is then terrorised by a spirit while seeing things that were posted on Marina's page. He is soon killed by a swarm of bees. The spirit begins killing Laura's friends one by one, posting videos of each friend's death on Laura's Facebook page.