While everyone stopped looking, Amaya did not stop being afraid.

The March of two years later, something happened that she did not know about. A certain white haired detective was brought into an office where the heater had broken. He shivered in his jacket and sat where he was directed.

There, an olive eyed man told him about a case unsolved, a missing girl his age, who was last rumored to be see in a close part of town. Any details about her background were forbidden from his knowledge, only that she was gone.

He swore to himself that he would find her.

The detective left with a case file and a picture burning a hole in his pocket. A family photo, with the father perching a small girl, about eight, on his shoulders. The mother stood behind a wheelchair, in which was a fifteen year old blonde with brown eyes.

In the center stood a man in his late teens to early twenties, apparently poking the side of a short blonde who was yelling at him, caught mid laugh. She looked twelve. The mother appeared to be about to scold them. The white haired detective sighed.

He made a promise to himself that he would find her, because somewhere out there, her family was missing her. They would probably want to know where she was, how she was, why she wasn't home.

His mind kept going back to the happy aura of the photo taken weeks before Misayori Amaya's disappearance. That family obviously loved each other and would never hurt one another. Why would Misayori Amaya run away?

HIs mind went back to the frail girl in the wheelchair. What was wrong with her? He was curious. She didn't look healthy, more like she was close to the edge of living. He had to find Misayori Amaya and get her home before it was too late, if she hadn't already died. He had vowed to find her as the picture burned a hole in his pocket.

Three months later, he still had not stopped looking.

Amaya pressed her heels down onto the ground as she ran, her painful strides carrying her toward the stairwell. Minene pushed open the door and hauled Amaya in. "You don't have your Diary, right?" Minene asked. Amaya winced.

How should she tell the angry terrorist that her Diary was in her schoolbag at her desk, waiting for her return to update her on the future experiences in store? One simple answer--Amaya could not.

Minene could take advantage of that fact and end it all. She could tell her she went without it, but she would not tell her where it was. Just in case. "I don't have it," Amaya said. Minene nodded curtly.

And turned on Amaya menacingly and drew her knife.

Once that happened, Amaya bolted. Her legs scurried toward the staircase. Minene's hand fisted in her hair, yanking her backward as Amaya screamed. Fire singed her scalp. Panic laced her cry. A voice came from down below.

Minene clapped a hand over Amaya's mouth and dragged her backward. Amaya let loose another strangled cry. The force of Minene's hand clamping over her mouth muffled everything.

Amaya would die by her only family's hand.

She beat with her fists at the air and tried to hit Minene. The woman grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into a separate hallway. "I'm not going to kill you, so stop screaming."

Amaya went stiff as a board. "I'm going to count to ten, and then I'm going let go of your mouth. Please don't scream." Amaya nodded.

"One, two, three..." The girl with jet black hair tensed again, ready to fight but unwilling to lose her mind to fear. "Eight, nine, ten." True to her word, the hand came off of Amaya's face. The girl sucked in a desperate breath. Minene backed away.