Part Three

• Dedicated to Julia Galiazzo

We were on the Where We Are tour now, it was close to two months after Harry walked away.

Marcel had made an agreement to be part of the team for three months and then try his hardest to get Harry back. But the three months was approaching and Harry was not showing up or returning my calls stil.

I was worried, we were best mates, I had offended him, sure everyone took kindly to Marcel, he was a wonderful guy. He had a fan for a girlfriend and nearly double the followers Harry did on Twitter. The fans and One Direction both really had replaced Harry, Louis realised.

It affected the other guys as well, but they didn't see Marcel's name across each magazine and each paper. They didn't have to worry about Harry flirting in the street, or asking for fans numbers.

But it felt awkward taking a British Award, with Marcel in Harry's place. It wasn't Marcel who auditioned, it was not suppose to be this way. But if Harry didn't come round they'd have to keep Marcel on.

Louis entered the backstage room, Marcel was there applying hair gel, flattening the gel on his hair, smoothing it down. His eyes flicked and they rested on Louis as he stared at Marcel's reflection in the mirror.

"Whats up Lou mate?" Marcel asked.

"Anything from Harry?" Louis got right to the point.

Marcel turned around, hands still in his flattened hair, his finger tips brushing furiously over to smooth each strand.

"Aren't I doing a good job?" Marcel asks Louis.

"Its not that Marcel" Louis knew he had to word carefully or he'd lose him as well "its that we miss our old mate, your a mate, a great singer, a real icon, but Harry well, he's Harry"

"I can be Harry" Marcel is saying "isn't that why you wanted me Louis? Because you didn't want a Harry, you wanted someone like Harry?"

Louis nodded "Yes, thats why we wanted you at the time, well the time has come..." Louis trailed off just as the door opened up wide and a curly haired Harry stepped inside.

"Well" Harry was saying "offer him my role"

"Misunderstanding" Louis told him "I wasn't going to do that"

"Sure Louis?" Harry's green eyes rolled.

"Harry" Marcel said he started walking towards his brother "do you want to take up your role again?"

"What?" Louis exclaimed "you haven't been talking to him about this before?"

Marcel said nothing.

"Yea Louis your replacement hasn't been in contact with his twin" Harry's says "your a stealer Marcel"

"Me a stealer yeah right" Marcel says directly back to him.

"That's right talk to your brother about it before, you go leaping into his role" Harry says.

"Well who left four mates without a guy to sing for them you did Harry and this time the tables switched and it was me in your role"

"Your going funny on me bro" Harry said "calm down alright you know why, because you get to be in one video do a nice dance with three lines doesn't mean you get to have my role when it comes to it"

"But fame and me are friends" Marcel says.

"Fame isn't a friend, you got to respect it, like you should have respected me"

Marcel lowers his hands from his hair.

"I love the group, I got mates I got a girlfriend" Marcel tells his brother.

Harry ignores his brothers protest turning to Louis "I got your calls, I appericate them, how many times can I be in the paper a week?" He asks.

Louis smiles determined to bear hug him right then and there he's a mate such a great mate. "At least three mate, try and make an Australian appearance in their paper to" Louis chuckles.

Harry takes the step forward "Missed you Louis" he says, Louis knows Harry means it because Louis has missed him to.

The other lads come in hearing the sounds from the other side of the door.

"Hazza mate" Liam says he steps forward doing the One direction handshake.

All of the guys in turn do the shake, glad to see a mate back with us.

Harry looks over Liam's shoulder as the three of us chat, he sees Marcel wearing a sad frown.

"Do tonight's show" he tells Marcel as he approaches his brother who now also has slumping shoulders. Marcel eyes light up the way Harry's do, Marcel smile is identical. Louis breathes in, they never could replace Harry, not really.

Harry has got the style, he makes the band, he come up with the name, he makes sure girls don't forget his name, in a good way. He gives winks that melts girls hearts, he strings along fans keeping them hoping and dreaming. He is 1/5 of a direction, a direction Louis and the guys don't ever want to change.