Chapter 11

Hours had gone by, and Darien was exhausted, but grateful he was now home.

'I feel so bad for the sudden leave of absence. They did seem okay with it. I can't believe I have a sister! Why couldn't I remember this important fact? I say Melody is already home by now. Now, I can cuddle with Serena. But first, I'm gonna to take a shower, to get these germs off.' Darien speculated, determined.

Darien placed his key in the keyhole and unlocked the door. Very slowly, and quietly he closed it. In addition, he dumped his badge, wallet and keys into the bowl. Darien overheard the washer was on and he could hear Serena in the shower.

'Oh, yes!' He forethought, devilishly.

Darien went into the bathroom, discreetly. He wanted to surprise her. The look she would have will be priceless. Some of her expressions were funny and cute to him, some of them she didn't think so. As Darien opened the door, he acknowledged it blinded him, for there was a lot of steam; not like Serena would normally have it.

Darien tiptoed silently and unlatched the shower door noiselessly. Suddenly, he viewed an ugly scar on her back and demanded mentally.

'When did Serena get this?'

Darien secretly wrapped his arms around her and verbalized.

"Hey sweetheart, how about getting down and dirty for me?"

Melody gasped when she felt someone's arms around her. Immediately, she froze him.

"Oh shit!" Melody exhibited and yelled out.

"Serena!"

Melody grasped the pink robe and put it on. In a rush, she ran out of the bathroom and into the bedroom. She observed down at a sleeping Serena.

'I don't have time for this!' Melody deliberated, aggravated.

Directly, she grabbed hold of Serena's mattress and flipped it onto the floor.

"What the hell? Can't a girl get some shut eye-" Serena remarked, agitated.

She glanced up and saw Melody in front of her.

"Melody, what's wrong?" Serena pressed.

"You best come and see!" Melody suggested.

Melody went back to the bathroom, Serena followed behind her. There in a weird and impure position was Darien in a statue stance.

"Um? What? Why is he like that?" Serena replied in panic.

"Relax, Serena! It's okay. I froze him." Melody enounced and chuckled.

"Why?" Serena inquired.

"Just take a look around where we are at, and the position he's in!" Melody acknowledged.

"Oh. OH! Damn! Darien isn't going to like this, when he finds out!" Serena advocated.

"I know, but he should have knocked! Alright, here it goes." Melody announced.

At that point, she waved her hand in front of Darien's body. Instantly, he returned back to his pinkish color self, instead of a blue ice block.

"What the hell was that?" Darien ordered, befuddled.

"Cool! I wish I had that power!" Serena exclaimed.

Melody smiled and put forward. "Sometimes it's a curse. Darien, that was my freezing power."

"Okay?" Darien responded, confused.

"Sorry Dar, you should have knocked!" Melody implied, in an apologetic and sarcastic tone.