"Yeah, I'm actually just here with my girls celebrating my birthday," she said as she looked on shyly.

"Word?"

"Yeah, the big two-one." She said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

I don't know if it was weave or real but it looked nice, I give her credit on that.

"Well happy birthday, what you sipping on?" I asked just to keep the conversation going.

"Nothing, I don't drink," she replied causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Not even on ya twenty first?"

"Nope." She said popping the p.

An akward silence fell between us as I realized this girl was mad boring. It was as if she didn't even belong in the club as she was ruining the vibe. I could tell her friends got her out trying to get her to open up but she just wasn't feeling it.

"Yo, Mir, you mad quiet down here what up with you bruh?" Fle asked taking the seat on the other side of me making me turn to face him.

"Shit, I'm chilling."

"You ain't trying to fuck with shorty beside you? She a piece fasho." He said causing me to chuckle.

"I mean she alright but I ain't on it," I said trying to reassure him and myself because looking at her she was damn sure tempting. I just couldn't get past the fact that she was too boring and this shit I been hearing about Maya was most definitely weighing heavy on my mind.

I was never the type of nigga to have trust issues or insecurities because I had that type of confidence in myself so if this shit about her and this Marc nigga comes out to be true then that's just gone be the end of me and her. I'm not a lame and I ain't putting up with a bitch that try to play me like one.

"Oooh, let's dance," I heard one of the girls ask as the beat to Rihanna Work dropped.

"Come on Nia," the girl in the pink in yellow dress dragged out as she tried to pull the one I was sitting next to out of her seat.

Nia must've been her name but apparently she wasn't having it she would not budge.

"No, y'all go ahead and have fun I think I'ma just stay here," Nia told her friends before they gave her a questioning look making her give a reassuring smile. The other two girls started walking towards the dance floor area.

"Are y'all coming?" The girl in the black called back over to the area they had just walked away from.

I looked between Josh and Fle "I don't know about you, but I'm about to go handle that," Fle said as he started taking strides towards the girls.

"Nigga you see all that ass you sleeping if you thought I wasn't on it." Josh said causing us to laugh as he followed behind Fle to go dance with the girls.

I sat at the bar with Nia as Fle and Josh went to go dance with her friends.

Before I could turn back to the Nia girl I spotted Chanel out of my peripheral vision. I instantly knew it was her by her walk and petite frame but when she looked back towards where I was I got a view of her face which only confirmed it.

I stood from where I was sitting at the bar and nearly began to walk towards Chanel almost forgetting about Nia until she spoke up.

"Ditching me already?" She questioned as she merely looked on.