0.1

In which Even is feeling depressed and needs Isak to remind him of why he needs to stay on this earth. 

In which Isak can tell how sad Even is becoming, but is too scared to mention anything in case Even gets worse. 

Isak could see it. He could see that Even was starting to get depressed again and he had no idea what he could do to help. The last time this had happened, Even almost ended everything. And that was Isak's greatest fear: losing the man of his dreams. Since they had gotten back together a few months prior, Even had been doing well thanks to the medication he had been prescribed. One or two small manic episodes, but that was really all.

But now something was changing. Isak had first noticed it a little over a week ago, when Even had started sleeping in later and later each morning, to the point that when Isak woke up this morning at 8, Even was still asleep and stayed that way until 2pm. It was stressing him out to say the least, and he knew that if he bought it up in a conversation with Even, that Even would simply shut him down and tell him that nothing is wrong. Even never wanted Isak to worry about him, and Isak felt the same.

So as he got into bed later that night (wearing Even's favourite grey hoodie, of course), with Even still feeling groggy after taking a 2 hour nap at 6 o'clock, he kept his mouth sealed shut about Even's growing depression. Well, that was until Even began to speak.

"Isak?" He asked softly, tracing Isak's cheekbone with his finger. "Are you still awake?" He propped himself up by placing his elbow on his pillow and resting his chin in the palm of his hand, and stared at Isak in his sleepy state.

Isak let out a noise, showing Even that he was in fact awake. "What?" He mumbled, his face smushed into his soft blue pillow, catching a whiff of Even's scent on his jumper. 

"Please stay up and talk to me," Even replied, a hint of pleading laced in his voice.

"Mmkay," Isak said, rubbing his nose further into his pillow. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything. Everything. Just don't stop talking." Even layed back down, his hand still resting on Isak's cheek as he looked over the features of his boyfriend's face, memorising them for the thousandth time and smiling at the fat that he was wearing Even's hoodie (which was far too big for Even, but neither of them were complaining). He loved Isak's little freckle near his lip and the curve of his lips, he loved his soft cheeks and his chin dimple. There wasn't anything about Isak that Even wasn't irrevocably in love with. And simply looking at Isak's face reminded him of how loved he was, and how much he knew that he could never let Isak down. He couldn't let his depression get to him, not this time. There were too many important things in his life for him to end it all. 

"What did you do today?" Isak questioned. He was treading lightly, careful not to upset Even. "I feel like I didn't even see you. I had to spend all morning talking to Eskild about how he thinks Linn is gay." 

Even laughed one of his eye-crinkling, open-mouthed laughs that caused Isak to open his eyes, just to take in the beautiful sight. "Sorry I made you sit through that," Even replied, still giggling from what Isak had said. "I was really tired, I guess. I just slept most of the day."

Isak nodded his head, not really knowing how to carry on the conversation without bringing up the topic of Even's depression, so he simply leant over and placed a short kiss on his boyfriend's lips. "Well, I missed you." 

"So you should have," Even said. "I'm pretty amazing, you know." He raised his eyebrows quickly at Isak and let out another short laugh, causing Isak to laugh too. 

Isak sighed heavily and closed his eyes once again, breathing in the scent of the beautiful boy laying beside him. "I love you." 

"I love you too," Even replied. He leant over and kissed Isak's lips softly, then proceeded to place soft kisses all around the rest of his face. As he rubbed his nose gently against Isak's, he said "what happens after I've saved you?" 

And in his groggy state, Isak half opened his eye's and said, "I'll save you right back." 

Hey guys! I just published a new Harry Styles fanfic call Carolina and I would absolutely love it if you would be able to go give it some love? Thank you for everything!