Prologue

Spottedwing moaned. "They're coming!" She yowled. Blueleaf busted into the nursery, a few herbs and sticks with her.

"Just stay calm, it will be over soon," She mewed calmly. Mudheart, Spottedwing's mate, sat outside of the nursery with his ear perked in case he was needed. He soon heard a gentle mew coming from inside beckoning him in. He padded in softly, and when he looked to his beautiful mate, he saw four kits surrounding her.

He pointed to a she-kit with white fur that was speckled with brown and black. "Fallenkit" He meowed. "And this one," Mudheart pointed to a brown and white striped tom, "Is Hawkkit,".

Spottedwing smiled and looked at a little silver she-kit that was speckled with white and black. "Mistkit," She mewed softly yet excitedly. An all grey tom kit was squirming behind Fallenkit. "That one is... Pebblekit." Mudheart mewed.

Blueleaf sat in the corner, grinning at the new born kits. I feel a strange sort of energy running through the den...

A screech and a yowl busted from the camp out of nowhere. A dark tabby tom bursted into the nursery, a grin sliding across his face. "I see my subjects have been born, eh?" He mewed, his voice crackling.

Mudheart stepped in front of the kits and his mate. "Your subjects? Who do you think you are?" He growled.

"Why, don't you feel the power?" The cat mewed. "Your kits ain't normal"

Spottedwing pulled the kits closer to her.

"I'm Slit, nice to meet ya. Now hand them over, or your clan will be invaded. See, we rogues got plans too."

Mudheart hissed. "Nobody's taking my kits," he growled.

Slit was suddenly barreled over by Jaytail, the deputy. "No one messes with Blazeclan or our kits, ya hear?" He yowled. Slit hissed and slid out from under him. "I'm coming for you," He slid his claw towards the kits. "Watch your backs!" He ran out of the nursery and out of the camp.

"We need to split them" Glazestar meowed in front of the clan. "Spottedwing and Mudheart's kits are not safe!"

Spottedwing nodded. Her amber eyes were filled with grief. "Do what you must. Keep my kits safe." She mewed, a crack running through her voice. Mudheart wrapped his tail around her.

"Mistkit will go to Rainclan, if they accept her. I am sure they will. Hawkkit will go to Flameclan. Fallenkit will go to Leafclan, and Pebblekit will go to Caveclan. Let's hope they all agree to take them."