Nightmares and Comfort Mycroft Holmes (Sherlock) Oneshot

(This is my OC Colin (she's a girl) and Mycroft Holmes because I have a weird crush on Mark Gatiss) (that is all) ("Sherlock"© BBC)

It was the scream of pain and terror that woke Mycroft that Saturday morning.

He groaned and slapped a hand to his face.

Colin screamed again.

He shoved the blankets off of himself and sat up. He shivered as his bare feet touched the cold wooden floor.

He made a note to have mummy get him carpeting.

He didn’t bother grabbing his bathrobe on his way out the door.

Instead, he bypassed Sherlock’s room where the twelve year old was sleeping quite happily.

He bypassed his parent’s room, the kitchen and the sitting room.

He pushed open the door to Colin’s bedroom and crossed the only carpeted floor in the house.

The bed creaked under his weight as he laid down and curled himself around Colin.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her tighter against him.

The next time she screamed, he pulled her head gently to his neck and whispered soothing things into her ear.

Things like “It’s all right.”

And

“He can’t hurt you anymore.”

And Colin calmed, rolled over and buried her face in Mycroft’s neck.

Mycroft’s face flushed.

Eventually. He told himself. Eventually, maybe he would tell this girl how he felt. She hadn’t been around long enough for him to think of her as a sister. And now that he thought of her that way...well, he didn’t think he’d ever be able to stop.

“Mycroft.” She mumbled into his neck.

He wasn’t sure whether she was awake or not.

“I’m here.”

“Thank you. I love you.”

“I love you too.” He told her truthfully.

“Do you love me like a sister?”

Definitely awake. Definitely not willing to look him in the eye.

“No.” He admitted.

“Well, I don’t love you like a brother.”

He hooked a finger under his chin and pressed their lips together.

“I kind of figured that out.”

She blushed. 

“Good.”