Unofficially but Officially together

This story takes place after Girl meets Bear, maybe two weeks later. Josh returns to the Matthews apartment.

  Joshua Matthews  was on his way to his brothers apartment with his dirty laundry. It had been two weeks  since he had gone over. Riley had just lost her Teddy Bear Beary.  It was a strange afternoon.

Josh had been stressed out because of his new roommate Snoopaloop and had sought refuge in his brothers home only to find it being torn apart in search for that Bear. At least he had gotten to see Maya.

Maya Hart, the blonde beauty, and his ferret. She had been there helping them look for it. Even though her and Josh were unable to have one of their heart to hearts because of that days events he still enjoyed being near her. Josh would casually sneak glances at Maya while they looked for the bear.

Josh had encouraged Riley not to let go of her Bear for the obvious reason that he himself just felt overwhelmed at NYU. He hated his Roommate, he was away from home, and college was hard.

Really hard.

But he felt terrible that looking for the bear ruined the day Maya had had planned for her and her friends.

Seeing Maya however made his day. She always had this glow about her that seemed to part the most stubborn of rain clouds in his life.

She was his sunshine.

"I might actually start calling her that..Sunshine." Josh thought as he made his way to his brothers front door.

-------------------------

Josh's POV

"Hey Family!!!" I called out as I entered the apartment.

The first to greet me was my brother Cory and his wife Topanga.

"Hey Josh.." Topanga greeted me.

"My Brotha!" Cory shouted from the dining room table.

"My Brotha!" I called back.

"Where is everyone?" I questioned hoping maybe that Maya would be in Riley's room.

"They should be coming in a bit... Riley had a date with Lucas and Auggie should be bringing Ava over, he went to go get her like 5 minutes ago.." responded Topanga.

"Oh okay." I reply.

Would it be weird if I asked about Maya?...I don't know maybe I shouldn't or should I. It would be rude if I didn't she is like family to my brother.

"So is Maya with them?.." I  ask as casual as possible.

My brother quirks a brow at me but lets Topanga answer.

"No...I think she is spending the day with Zay." Topanga said it like that was a normal occurrence.

Zay.

Zay.

That little prick had the nerve to basically ask Maya out infront of me.
I was caught off guard... so I didn't know how to respond. Everyone was also watching me.

Flashback

"You know Josh..your not a bad guy after all.." Zay told me.

"Thanks Zay" I reply back.

"And I  know you and Maya agreed that you might me good together..Someday and to the Moon and back..but here is what I was thinking back here on Earth" Zay rattled off.

He then proceeded to basically ask to take Maya out on double dates with Riley and the cowboy...ok ok..might  not be in those exact words but I can read between the lines.