Chapter 9

***Hayes pov****

After I got cleaned up I decided to call bella. She picked up.
"Hey Hayes what's up?" She asked.
"Uh nothing, are you free today?" I replied.
"I'm actually at the mall, with a friend, but if you wanna join up that's perfect" she said in the sweetest voice.
I thought about it for a second.
"K, I'll meet you by hollister" I told her.
"K! See you in a bit!" Bella answered. We hung up. I ran up stairs and put on jeans and a shirt with a smiley face.
Once I got to the mall, I went to Hollister. I was looking around and I finally saw her. She was walking with a boy. Who is that? I've never seen him before. And what was she doing with him? What am I doing! Remember Hayes! I chickened out before I asked her to be mine! Just act like you don't care. They approached me. The boy had blue eyes like mine, he was my height, maybe a bit taller. "Hey hayes! This is matt, he is a family friend from New Jersey!" Bella replied. "Hey man!" Matt held out his hand to me. "Hey! Nice to meet you!" I answered back shaking his hand. "You guys actually have a lot in common! You guys both football players!" Bella told me as we walked around the mall. "Matt is captain, isn't that cool?" Bella replied as she flashed a smile at matt. Ugh how I hate this guy already. "So bella, what store do you want to go to first?" Matt broke the weird one minute silence. "Umm.. Well I gotta try stuff on at forever 21, but if you wanna go with Hayes to a boy store that's fine!" She answered. "nahh, that's fine! I'll stay with you, i don't wanna leave you alone in this big mall" matt replied. All I wanted to do right now was just kick him. We entered forever 21. Bella quickly got some things and ran into a dressing room. Matt and I sat outside the dressing rooms. Bella came out wearing a a blue sweater and a skirt. "How does this look?" She asked. Matt quickly answered. "It looks great!" He replied. I just nodded. I just looked at the floor. After we were all done, bella and matt went home. I walked home. I wanted to cry. I never realized how much I liked her until I saw her with matt. I got home and walked up stairs. I just flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling.