A new beggining

** City's POV**
I wake up to the sun shining threw the window. Yay, another day in this horrible world. I get up and walk down stairs. I peek through the cracks of the wood that covers up the window. That's weird, the walkers are dead. I walk to my door and open it slowly with a gun in my hand. I take a step out and a boy my age puts a gun to my head.

He says " drop the weapon." I hand him my weapon.

I say " Don't shoot me please. I'm alone in this house. I have no one with me. Take me with you please."

He says " what all do you have in there?"

I say " I have little food, lots of guns and ammo. My father was in the army. We can take it all. I don't care just let me come with you."

He nods and says " okay. Let's start packing come on. We have a camp at the county prison. Its safe there."

I say " Oh my gosh thank you. Come on let's go."

I motion him to come in. I lead him to my basement where all the guns and ammo is.

I say " we have all kinds. Take what you need. The bag is over there. All of it should fit in it."

He says " My name is Carl, Carl Grimes."

I say " Well, Carl Grimes. I'm City, City Dixon."

I hold out my hand for him to shake. He takes it and shakes.

He says " Well City, our group has 15 or 20 people in it. We should be safe for a while."

I say " For a while? What's that mean. Do y'all have some type of people after you or something?"

He says " Well, I'll let my dad explain when we get there. Come on let's go."

I grab the bag and put it on my back. We walk to the prison. Is huge.

He says " Okay let's just say I found you in the woods. They can't know I let you come with us."

I say " Do you happen to have a man named Daryl in there?"

He says " I'll show you to everyone. Just wait."

I nod and walk in the prison after Carl.

He yells " dad!! I found someone who wanted to join."

A man puts a crossbow to my head and says " Where did you get that vest there girly."

Without turning around I say " It belongs to me. What's it to ya?"

He says " That's where you be wrong. That's my sisters."

I say " Daryl?"

I turn around and see Daryl still holding his crossbow to my head. I push it out the way and hug him tight.

I says " I found you. Its really you. Oh my gosh."

Daryl yells " Merle! Get your butt down here. She's here!"

Merle comes walking down stairs and looks at me.

He says " City? Is that you?"

I say " Heck yeah its me. Did you think I was dead or something?"

I pull him into a big hug.

This guy comes in and yells " Hands off our group".

I say " excuse me? Merle and Daryl are my brothers. Don't get on my bad side cause I'm sure you have seen them mad."

Merle says " This girl's got our attitudes mixed in one. Don't mess with her."

I look in Carls direction. He's pretty hot. I could never date him. Merle and Daryl would kill me. They have always been protective of me. I catch myself starring and so does Merle.

Merle says " Keep ya hands off of him little sis. He ain't nothing but a little kid".

The guy says " Hey that's my son. "

I say " Okay okay. Gosh I'm not gonna do anything. Let me introduce myself. I'm City Dixon. Younger sister of Daryl and Merle."

The guy says " I'm Rick, Rick Grimes."

I say " Well Rick Grimes. You son said his name the same way. Anyways, he said you would ask me a few questions, to see if I can stay."

Daryl says " hold up. Your staying no matter what the dang questions are. You family to 2 people."

Rick says " I know how it feels to look for your family. I went through crap to find mine. I still have to ask you 3 questions."

I say " well bring them at me."

Daryl rolls his eyes and walks to a cell.

Rick says " How many people have you killed?"

I say " 1. "

Rick says " Why"?

I say " She was bit and asked me to."

Rick says " How many walkers have you killed?"

I say " Way to many to count."