Chapter 20- 7 Days till Attack

Start from the beginning

"He will become really possessive--" Eden began but I cut her off.

"Even more than he already was?" I gasped. All the mated females laughed as I had my jaw hung open. 

"Yes," Eden giggled, "It's hard to believe," she said as she looked deep in thoughts.

The blonde shock her head, her long locks flying in the wind, "There are others things as well, "She began, "They become more romantic, caring, worried, protective and loving. They also won't be able to keep their hands off you, plus, you will never get any sexual satisfaction from anyone but your mate," She looked down with tears in her eyes.

"Are you alright err-" I cut myself off, not knowing her name.

"My name is Scarlett and Eden you tell her," She didn’t look up.

"Scarlett's mate was killed by a Midnight Moon pack member, two weeks after they fully mated. Two years later she managed to move on, but it would never be the same," Eden muttered. All of the mothers around me, whom had obviously heard the story before, just gave Scarlett sympathetic looks.

I am not sure if it is whether I am now the Luna of this pack or I have just grown fond of it; but I felt enraged at my old pack. I was angry that they could have killed Scarlett's mate, even though I didn’t know him and I barely know her.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my old pack and the people in it -almost like a still have a bond with them- but it's my job to protect this pack. I love both packs and I don’t want anyone in either pack to get hurt. Okay, maybe Joshua can get hurt a little, but only enough to teach him a good lesson.

After I had thought about what Eden had just told me and I had calmed down slightly, I turned to look at Scarlett. She had a distant look in her eye, like she was remembering the short time she shared with her mate, before he got ripped away from her.

"Don’t you have a daughter?" I asked Scarlett hesitantly when her eyes looked into mine.

"Serenity," She smiled at the thought of her little girl, "Her father is my mate, most wolves get pregnant the first time they mate."

My eyes widened, "what do you mean?"

"Didn’t Alpha Red tell you?" Eden asked in shock.

"N-no," I stuttered, "I'm not ready to have kids yet, I'm still a kid myself."

"I can't believe he didn’t tell you! There's a higher chance that you will be pregnant now because he is an Alpha," Scarlett gasped. She seemed to have gotten over her lost mate quickly. It must have been over 5 years ago, since Serenity looks around the age of 5, so I guess she can quickly recover, though it must be hard.

"I-I ca-can't b-be," I gasped as I covered my mouth. It would kind of make sense though, I have been really hungry recently, my ankles have swelled and I have had strange cravings.