Cold Hard Ground

Harry rubbed his two hands together to keep warm as he helped Kendall unload her things from his car.

He watched her intently as she zipped her bags and tied her hair to a braid before unloading them of the car. It was freezing but it was also very beautiful, the sun saying goodbye to the ice was clearly breathtaking.

Kendall’s family had gone on this skiing trip yesterday but they had all gone home now, because of previous engagements except for Kendall who wanted to stay behind. Kris had asked Harry if he would like to stay with Kendall for a few more days and after checking in with the boys and their manager, Harry agreed.

They had booked different rooms in the same hotel and Kendall was just unloading her things from Harry’s car to bring up to her room.

Harry took one of her backpacks and they closed the trunk, neither had said anything to each other.

“It’s freezing, it’s crazy” Kendall said as she unpacked her things on her room.

Harry was lying on the bed, with arms and legs stretched across every corner.

“I’m tired” He said, they’ve been skiing all day and it had been pretty exhausting for him. Kendall smiled and sat on the bed beside him

“Wanna eat?” She asked

Harry motioned for her to lay beside him as he made room for her.

Kendall lay her head on Harry’s outstretched left arm as they both stared at the ceiling.

“I’m sorry you fell” He said

“It’s okay”

“I feel really bad”

“That makes me feel a little better” Kendall said, turning to look at him, their faces inches apart.

“do you wanna kiss me?” Harry smiled, resisting the temptation of kneeling just a few inches down and letting his lips touch hers.

“No” Kendall laughed then turned away, she was about to get up when Harry tightened his arms around her neck and pulled her back

“Hey ow”

“Not yet” He said, “Stay here with me for a little longer” Harry said, turning to her and wrapping his other arm around her

“Do you still feel cold?” HE asked

“yes” Kendall said

“Are you nervous?” HE asked, staring into her eyes

“kinda, I guess, you’re so close to me” Kendall said

Harry brushed away some of her hair on her face as they looked at each other for a few minutes until Kendall broke off their little moment with a laugh.

“We were having a moment” Harry complained as he unwrapped his arms and Kendall sit up.

“It was just too serious, I’m sorry” Kendall laughed

“Seriously?”

“yeah, you were staring at me too much, it was getting slightly uncomfortable” Kendall said

“Why can’t you stare into mine?” Harry asked

“I can’t” Kendall said

“Hmmm, interesting” Harry said in a teasing tone

“Drop it” Kendall said, smiling teasingly at him

Harry sat up beside her and suddenly wrapped her arms around her waist and tickling her pulling her back to the bed.