Chapter 5 //

I woke up to a faint tapping on my front door. Quickly looking up at the clock I saw it was 8am. Who’s here at 8am? Murder is about to be committed, it’s Sunday for Christ’s sake! Dragging myself out of bed I slowly approached my front door. I really didn’t want anyone to see me like this. Hair out and messy, no make-up and in Matty’s jumper. I quickly ran my hand through my hair and pulled the jumper down a bit further so it was mid-thigh then opened the door to see Matty leaning against the door frame. I was quite surprised to see him here really, especially at this time. “Hi?” I said quietly with a small smile on my face. He was studying me from head to toe, as I was him. He looked the same as yesterday, but somehow better if that’s even possible? When my eyes landed on his face he was staring at where his jumper ended and my legs began...I felt quiet self conscious really but I’m not complaining. I coughed and he quickly snapped his head up and smiled. That smile. “Morning love, sorry it’s early but get dressed, we’re going out” he said pushing me into me apartment and shutting the door. I looked at him dumbfounded and my mouth slightly agape. “What are you talking about?” I laughed. He smiled a toothy grin and nodded vigorously. “I’m taking you out, go and get ready. Take your time, I’ll wait out here.” I couldn’t move I was far too tired. I ended up complying and walking to my room to get ready. “How should I dress?!” I shouted through to the living room. “Casual!” was all he said in reply.

With that I proceeded to shower, wave my hair, do my usual make up and put my mum jeans, a velvet crop top, my black dr martens and my bowler hat on. Finishing it off it pulled on a black leather jacket and a few rings. I was finished within half an hour, quick for me! Walking out I picked up my phone, purse and keys and shoved them into my small bag. “Ready” I smiled as Matty rose from the couch and took my hand leading me out of the door and down the stairs of my apartment building. “Where are we going?” I asked trying to keep up with his fast pace. “You’ll see” he said over his shoulder with a wink. I just smiled and carried on walking until we got to his car. He let go of my hand and opened the passenger door for me. I missed the contact but thanked him for being so nice and climbed in putting my seatbelt on. A few moments later he climbed in the driver’s side and did the same, taking my hand and starting the car. “I know it’s early but I wanted to spend as much time as I can with you before Monday when we act like normal” he said shyly, I just smiled and nodded in response.  Honestly, the lack of information made me nervous, he could take me anywhere! But still, I stayed calm about the situation and trusted him. Matty is a perfectly nice guy!

About 20 minutes later Matty let go of my hand and rested his on my thigh, I gasped slightly but not enough so he heard me. That would be embarrassing. “We’re here” he said as we pulled up next to a cinema. “I know it’s not much but didn’t you want to see The Hobbit?” A huge smile broke out on my face and I nodded already getting out of his car. I heard him laugh at my enthusiasm as he got out after me, I was really excited. We walked into the cinema and up to the surprisingly empty front desk. “Two tickets for The Hobbit please” The woman looked at us like we were freaks getting here so early, but I wasn’t complaining! I reached into my bag for my purse until Matty grabbed both of my wrists in one of his large hands and brought them away from my bag, keeping a tight grip on them. It would have looked like he frequently beats me at home! “Nope, you’re not paying” he said casually handing his money to the woman behind the counter. “Think again before doing that” he whispered into my ear. I shivered, and I knew he saw me. He then preceded to hand me a £20 note and pushed me towards the other counter. The food counter. Food. Yes.  I felt Matty’s hand on my lower back whilst I realised I was staring at the food. Food. I just handed him the money back, he gave me stern look, and I returned it. This continued for a good 30 seconds before he sighed and walked up to the counter ordering popcorn. I smiled and sighed in satisfaction walking next to him and resting my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a squeeze. We then proceeded to the screen and took our seats at the back of the room. We were the only ones here and I was thankful, now no one will hear me squeal at the film, apart from Matty of course. But I wasn’t worried; I’m comfortable being myself around him. He put his arm around me once again as I put my feet up on the seat in front of me, I could stay like this forever. We stayed like this throughout the entire film and all throughout the credits until the lights came back on and the cleaners came into the theatre. They could clean around us for all I cared! Matty moved and pulled me up with him, waited for me to pull my jacket on and once again took my hand in his pulling me out of the cinema and outside. I expected him to go towards the car but he didn’t, he was pulling my into the city centre. “Where are we going?” I questioned lagging behind him a few steps. “I told you, we’re making a day of it” he said whilst sending a wink over his shoulder. I just stayed quiet and followed him; I wasn’t going to question another day with him. Who would?!