My Angel

A/N: this scene is set in season 7 between episodes 21-23. Also the picture up above is just a little fun fact if you didn't know and it gets me every time.

Dean sighed in frustration after staring at Dick Roman's website for what seemed like the millionth time. The past year had been hell for pretty much everyone. Those leviathans were set on screwing everyone over and so far it was working.

Dean cradled his head in his hands, thinking of how everything became so messed up. It was Cas, Cas tried to play God and now everyone was suffering because of it. Sam had to deal with Lucifer yelling at him most of the year and Bobby was dead, a ghost on the verge of becoming vengeful. Even Cas screwed himself over because he wasn't the same anymore. And somehow Dean's thoughts always led him back to Cas.

Dean couldn't find it within himself to stay angry at the angel, no matter how much he wanted to be. He just meant so much to Dean that he couldn't even admit it to himself. To Dean, Cas was more than family and that only angered him further.

Now Cas was God-knows-where with an annoying obsession with Meg.

"Don't hurt Meg, Dean."

"Stop arguing with Meg, Dean."

"I owe Meg my life for staying with me, Dean."

It drove Dean absolutely insane that Cas was so attached to Meg. Cas was his angel, not Meg's or anyone else's.

"Hello, Dean," Dean jumped at the all too familiar voice that he both adored and hated.

"What are you doing here, Castiel?" Dean hated to use his full name, but right now Dean didn't know how to feel about him.

"You were praying rather angrily at me," Cas said lightheartedly, keeping one hand behind his back.

"Sorry, I'm just angry," Dean clenched his teeth, hoping Cas didn't hear his jealous thoughts of Meg.

"At me?" Cas frowned, slowly making his way closer to Dean.

Dean sighed, "At everything."

"Then why were you praying for me?" Cas asked, tilting his head in that adorable way that Dean tried to ignore.

"I'm just so use to praying for your help when I'm out of options, but it's-" Dean paused, searching for the right words. "Different now."

Cas nodded his head before revealing the hand that he kept behind his back. It held a single sunflower. Bright petals that could have been mistaken for the sun and a strong stem that held it up proudly.

"I picked it for you, from a field in Europe. Not the Netherlands or it would have been a tulip," Cas smiled excitedly, clearly proud of his present.

Dean sat back stunned that Cas had even thought of bringing Dean a present because he was angry, let alone it being a flower.

Cas suddenly became shy as Dean continued to stare at the sunflower without moving. "I apologize if you don't like it. I seem to have forgotten that you hated chick flick moments, as you liked to call them."

Cas was about to make the flower disappear when Dean grabbed his hand, startling him. "No, it's okay. I like it."

Cas beamed almost as brightly as the sunflower and Dean's heart swelled to the point where he thought it might burst from his chest.

"I've never given Meg a flower. She wouldn't even play Sorry with me," Cas said suddenly.

"W-What?" Dean sputtered out, his cheeks burning in his rare embarrassment.

"I know you don't like Meg," Cas continued, ignoring Dean. "And although she helped me when I first awoke, you should know, she still doesn't mean as much to me as you do. You gave me free will, Dean, though I have abused that privilege."

"Then why do you act like that around her, huh?" Dean found himself demanding. He gently set the sunflower down next to Sam's laptop and stood up, toe to toe, with Cas.

"Because after what I've done, I thought you wouldn't want me to act like that toward you," Cas's ocean blue eyes turned down to the ground in shame, as he fiddled with the sleeve of that damned trench coat.

"Didn't you hear my prayer, Cas? I could never hate you, you're family now. Everyone screws up, some more than others, but nothing you do could make me hate you. You never have to worry about me feeling like that towards you," Dean smiled softly as Cas looked up to him hopefully.

Cas felt a wave of confidence as he wrapped his arms around Dean's middle and buried his face in Dean's neck. Dean gasped in surprise, but still wrapped his arms around Cas and relished on their embrace.

"I'll always be your angel, Dean," Cas mumbled into Dean's neck. His lips brushing over Dean's sensitive spot, lightly.

Dean sighed in content, pressing a lingering kiss to the top of Cas's raven hair.

"Let's keep it that way."

A/N: this is my first oneshot and its pretty short. Let me know what you think in the comments though and vote it if you liked it. Don't be afraid to request something. And yeah hope you all like it.

-Sam