Chapter Nine - Mr. Germdols

Start from the beginning

“Do you know where he lives,” Lilly asked from between her arms.

Sean realized her point, attacking him at school would be a bad idea, “No, there has to be a way to find out.  Someone has to know.”  Lilly struggled to get up from the table and trembled down the hall.  She entered Sean’s room to look at the filthy jeans and blood-covered jacket lying on the chair.  She went to his closet door and opened it.  As the closet door creaked she admired a small section the pair had designated as “hers” and pulled out a pair of fresh dark blue jeans and her only other black jacket. Since the jacket wasn’t quite as long as her dirty one she snatched a pair of black leather gloves from a-top the dresser that she kept her clothes in.  She didn’t see anything to cover her head, so instead left the room with nothing—not wanting to jump home for fear too many jumps would result in her collapsing completely.

Once back out in the hall she saw Sean waiting in the living room and said, “The principal.”

“Or any of the office faculty, I’m sure they could easily find out.” He started walking towards her.

“Shall we make an appointment?”

“Nah, can you jump?”

“I think so,” Lilly said.

“Let’s go,” Sean said, as he grabbed her arm.

The pair slammed into the grass between the classrooms four buildings away from the office.  The landing was further than expected and nearly knocked Sean off his feet.  Lilly started to fall from the downward force but was caught by the shirt, Sean then helped her walk to the shade of the nearby building.

Slowly the pair worked its way through the halls and to the administration building.  Once in the office, Sean helped Lilly into a chair outside the principal’s office and knocked on her door.

Mrs. Vandel answered the door and noticed Lilly fighting to not doze off in the chair, “What happened?” Mrs. Vandel asked.

“Can we come in?” Sean said.

“Why of course.” Mrs. Vandel opened her door and Sean helped Lilly out of the chair and into the principal’s office.

Once settled in front of the cluttered desk, Sean said, “She was attacked by someone on her way to school today.  So we need Mr. Germdols’ address.”

“Who, and why?” Mrs. Vandel picked up a pen and slid some of the mess on her desk around so she could jot down details of the attack.

“Well Mrs. Vandel,” Sean started trying to think up a valid story.

 “Put down the pen,” Lilly interrupted him.  Sean felt the same wall of power from the night before.

Sean continued, “We need to know where Mr. Germdols lives.”

“Now why would you need to know that?”  Mrs. Vandel said, putting down the pen.

“Listen to him and tell him,” Lilly growled while resting her head on Sean’s shoulder.

“1481 Left Sunset St,” the principal obeyed Lilly.

“Thank you.” Sean said writing down the address on his hand. 

“You best forget this conversation.”  Lilly said as Sean picked her up out of the chair and they  began to leave the office.  Mrs. Vandel smiled at the pair as they slowly moved out of her office then to the grass field behind the administration building. 

“Can you jump here?”  Sean asked pointing at the address on his hand.

“I think I can only jump to places I’ve seen or been to.  But I’ll try.”  She looked at his hand and thought of the address.