The girls all exited the Common Room and took off their shoes so that their tall heels wouldn't make such loud noises against the ground. They hushed each other's giggles as they all walked to the hallway where the entrance to the room was. The girls entered to the empty room except for the couches, tables, and decorations that they'd arranged days prior. Instruments sat idly at the front, waiting for a spell to set them into a musical frenzy. The girls all put their shoes back on and began getting things ready.

"Beth, can you make sure all of the drinks and food hasn't gone bad? I don't remember if I set the cooling charm on them," Walburga told her, walking over to the fireplace.

Elizabeth walked over to the table where dozens of elaborate snacks and treats were placed. She touched one and it was freezing, "Wal, I think you accidentally placed a freezing charm on the food."

"Can you fix it?" Walburga asked, waving her wand over the empty fireplace and creating warm, golden flames.

"Of course," Elizabeth waved her wand and watched as the food unthawed, returning to its fresh state. She picked up the biscuit that she had touched and ate it.

Matilda gazed up at the ceiling, casting multiple spells so that it would appear as the night sky. She cast the charm which allowed anyone to smell whatever attracted them most at that moment.

"Oh, Matilda, I adore this charm of yours," Melissa gushed. "I smell fresh peppermint."

"I smell lavender," Walburga informed them.

Elizabeth laughed, "I can smell Joshua's cologne."

"I smell...," Matilda sniffed, "citrus."

"This party is going to be so lovely," Elizabeth smiled.

They heard the door begin to move. Matilda lowered the lights to create a romantic, yet eerie ambience to the room. The instruments began playing a slow jazzy tune. Once the door opened, nearly twelve students were waiting to answer. The four girls slid their masks over their faces and greeted the guests.

An hour later, the room was packed with teenagers in masks. Elizabeth hadn't noticed whether or not Joshua had entered, for it was so crowded and she couldn't recognize anyone between them having masks and the light being so dark. Over the heads of the students, she saw the tall door open. She quickly walked over, but was disappointed to see it was only a few fourth years. Elizabeth sighed and walked over to the couches, hoping there was a seat available. To her disappointment, there wasn't a space that hadn't been taken up.

She walked down the hallway where there were a few lavatories. Elizabeth didn't even have to use the toilet, her feet were just so tired and she had to sit. Thankfully, the bathroom was empty. She leaned against a sink and took off her shoes, sighing when they hit the floor and her feet were flat against the ground again.

"I was hoping I would get you alone," a voice startled her. She turned and saw Tom behind her. He closed the door and locked it.

She pretended to be delighted to see him, "Hello Tom." Elizabeth went over to him and lifted the mask off of his face. He lifted hers onto her forehead.

"What are you doing in here?" Tom inquired, seeing her shoes on the floor.

"My feet got tired," she told him in a bubbly tone.