Draco/Harry x Gina

"All right, Slytherin?"

"All right, Gryffindor?"

"Look at you being all civil."

"Shut up, Gina."

"Ooh, we're going by first names now, are we, Draco?"

"Shut u-"

"The Shrinking Solution," Professor Snape shouted above the fifth-year Gryffindor and Slytherin Potions class as glided into the room. Everyone fell silent immediately. "A very simple potion to brew yet necessary for your O.W.L.s. Does anyone know what the Shrinking Solution does?"

Unsurprisingly, Hermione Granger rose her hand an answered, "The Shrinking Solution or Shrinking Potion is used to make a person or other living thing shrink in size. It is also apparent that it reverses the effects of an ageing potion."

"She should wait to be asked to answer," Gina whispered to Malfoy.

"This is new. Gryffindor versus Gryffindor," Malfoy replied.

"It's always been like this," Gina explained. "Hermione hates me for some reason. I think it's because Ron asked me to the Yule Ball last year before he asked her but I've never known the true reason really."

"But you're friends with Potter?" Malfoy asked with hate in his words.

"Am I not allowed?"

"You can have better friends than that."

"Mr Malfoy, I'd appreciate it if you stopped talking and very good, Miss Granger, but when you raise your hand I expect you to wait for me to call on you before you answer," Snape drawled.

Potions lessons were often Gina's favourite times, simply because they were times where she could speak to the Draco Malfoy without any judgement from her fellow Gryffindors.

Potions lessons were often Malfoy's favourite times simply because he was a master in the subject and if Snape said anything that he didn't like, Malfoy made sure his father heard about it.

Over time, the pair grew on each other. Yes, Gina was a Muggle-born but she gave Malfoy a second chance and a choice - something he wasn't given very often.

And that brings us to one cold and wet March evening where Gina and Harry were sat at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall - Hermione and Ron were currently absent as the former was helping the latter with his 'forgotten' homework.

"Am I doing all right?" Harry asked.

"Of course you are, Harry! You're an amazing teacher," Gina told him. Then, in a whisper, she said, "We really need this Dumbledore's Army thing."

"Thanks," Harry blushed. "You're a wonderful student."

"As wonderful as Cho?" Gina teased, wiggling her eyebrows.

"That was a mistake," Harry said, looking away in embarrassment and blushing harder.

"Oh, Harry, this is what's going to happen if you're friends with me."

"Yeah, friends," Harry muttered absent-mindedly.

"Want more?" Gina pushed with a devious smirk, although there was a bit of hope laced in her words. But what about Draco? Oh, emotions were just too much to handle.