Book 3 Chapter 31 - 45

Book 3 Chapter 31 A thorough investigation

Bai Qi's entire thigh and left arm had been chopped off. Even though Bai Qi had sealed his meridians, blood still kept flowing from his wounds.

Bai Qi's face was pale white as his eyes gradually became dim.

"Quick, quick. Help me stop the bleeding. Quick!" Bai Qi hastily said with a weak voice.

Tian Dan, who was on the side, became worried and immediately stooped down to rip Bai Qi's already torn outer garment into strips of cloth, tying the severed limbs tight. Since one of his thighs had been chopped off directly, sealing the meridians wasn't very effective at slowing down the blood loss. If the bleeding continued, he could die due to the blood loss.

The wounds on his right thigh and left arm had stopped bleeding.

Bai Qi's lips were pallid, and his face was ashen and bloodless. His eyes had dimmed, and he seemed to have begun to doze off.

"Quick, carry the lieutenant up the mountain!" Teng Qingshan commanded the soldiers loudly, "And you two! Go to Huafeng City by horse and find the best doctor in Huafeng City! Quick!"

"Yes, My Lord!"

These soldiers were also shocked, as the Lord Lieutenant was the leader of the battalion of the Black Armored Army here. Immediately, two soldiers ran towards the place that held the war horses, while the other soldiers helped carry Bai Qi as they ran up the mountain.

Teng Qingshan and Tian Dan followed behind them.

Tian Dan still had a shocked expression as he turned to look at Teng Qingshan, saying, "Brother Qingshan, our fun has turned into something bad!"

"Indeed!" Teng Qingshan nodded in response.

If Teng Qingshan and Tian Dan had shown up in the first place, and scared those people away, everything would've been fine. In actuality, both Teng Qingshan and Tian Dan had wanted to see Bai Qi suffer a loss, but when they saw Bai Qi start to gain the upper hand, they'd felt displeased. However, who would've thought that the moment that they turned their heads away, Bai Qi would get done in.

"We're not the ones to be blamed! We didn't have any thoughts of harming him. Who could've known that the young fellow actually had such a ruthless concealed weapon! If something has to be blamed, then Bai Qi's bad luck should be to blame!" Tian Dan said with a sneer.

Out of the people who ventured around this world, none of them could be considered cowards.

"Brother Qingshan, the things that we saw secretly... it'd be better if we didn't tell anyone. Although it's not a big thing, it would still cause an endless amount of trouble if it was investigated."

Teng Qingshan nodded and said with a smile, "Don't worry, I won't look for trouble."

For a lieutenant of the Black Armored Army to end up this way, the Gui Yuan Sect definitely wouldn't let it go easily.

"If you and I don't tell, no one will know," Tian Dan chuckled and said, "To be honest, I, your brother, felt really great when I saw Bai Qi having this day! Haha. In the past, I saw him abuse his power, but even he himself would never have expected this day to come! Hehe. He brought this upon himself, and no one else is to be blamed."

Teng Qingshan looked up the mountain road at Bai Qi who was being carried on a soldier's back. Originally, Teng Qingshan had never liked Bai Qi.

"His whole life is ruined!" Teng Qingshan said indifferently.

"With one leg gone, he won't be able to walk, and one of his arms was severed too. It's ruined! It's the end for him." Tian Dan stared at the bag of purple gold in Teng Qingshan's hand and laughed, "But who can he blame? It was obvious that Bai Qi wanted this bag of purple gold, thus, he acted in secret so that he could take this bag of purple gold for himself. He tried to steal a chicken but ended up losing the rice used to lure it. Even if his life is ruined, he can't blame anyone!"