Book 2 Chapter 31 - 45

Book 2 Chapter 31: Red Copper Hammers

Although this world was chaotic, the annihilation of an entire village, an affair that caused widespread indignation and discontent, hasn't happened in the region of Yi City for a long time.

Sitting at the side of the dinner table, Yuan Lan exclaimed in surprise. "Brother Fan, is the Iron Mountain Gang that crazy? Don't they know that doing such a thing would enrage many villages in Yi City? Also, Black Wood Village.....Many of the girls that married into our clan are from the Black Wood Village, right?"

"Correct. which is why the clan is currently in a state of chaos." Teng Yongfan frowned and continued. "However, we can't do anything about it."

"This Iron Mountain Gang is too ruthless and cruel."As he spoke, anger burned in his heart. The annihilation of an entire village was truly too inhumane.

Teng Yongfan spoke angrily," There's no other way. As far as we know, the three leaders of the Iron Mountain Gang are masters of the inner strength that once travelled the nine continents! Each of the three is ruthless and extremely cruel. I'm guessing that the annihilation of the Black Wood Village was done with the purpose of Killing the chicken to warn the Monkey.

(TLN: ???? "Killing the chicken to warn the monkey" means to make an example out of someone as a way to warn others.)

Teng Qingshan nodded.

It wouldn't be necessary to slaughter an entire village just for the sake of money. It was obvious that the annihilation was done to intimidate the other villages.

"Father, Mother, and Brother, will that gang come to our village?" Teng Qingyu asked in a worried tone.

"Right now, I am most worried that......" Teng Yongfan said anxiously. "this Iron Mountain Gang might come to our Teng Jia Village. No, it is inevitable that they will definitely come to collect the taels of silver, but the question is.......when will they come?"

"We must take precaution." Teng Qingshan nodded as he spoke. This was related to the survival of our clan, so he couldn't afford to be careless. Teng Qingshan pondered for a moment and said, " Father, how about letting Qinghu lead the hunting squadron starting from tomorrow? With Qinghu's current ability, there won't be any problem he can't handle. As for me, I won't go into the mountains for training. Instead, I will stay in the village in case of an attack!"

Teng Yongfan nodded in agreement, "I've had similar thoughts. However, this is just one aspect. There are many other things that need to be changed. For example, if the clan members continue practicing the Tiger Fist, they should move their practicing location to the training field to defend against enemies that might appear at any time.

Usually the clan members practiced the Tiger Fist in the forest.

However, running from the forest to the training field needed some time, so it was necessary to have some fighters close by at all times.

"If the Iron Mountain Gang does not request a lot of silver, then we will take a step back and agree to their demands. If the price they request is really too high, there's no other way...... We can only choose to defend," said Teng Yongfan.

"Yes." Teng Qingshan had already made his decision.

"If a crisis really did happened, there's no need to hide my ability since all I will need to do is kill." To Teng Qingshan.......the clan was home to the most precious relatives in this life: his father, mother, sister and the many elders that cared for him. They were his roots as well as the roots of other relatives. He would willingly face death to protect the Teng Jia Village.