Book 2 Chapter 16 - 30

Start from the beginning

"These are our ancestors' urns. They died for the clan for over the past thousand years." Teng Qingshan knew this.

Not everyone was allowed to enter the ancestral hall.

Teng Jia Village had over a thousand years' worth of history, and only those who fought for it or contributed to the village's survival were allowed to be place inside the ancestral hall after they died. Those who were incompetent and did nothing for the village weren't allowed to enter the ancestral hall after cremation. They weren't even allowed to put their name on the 'Teng Clan monument'.

"The Teng Clan monument!"

Teng Qingshan's eyes fell upon the eye catching monument. A block of massive stone stood there one Zhang high (10 feet), its face densely engraved with countless names. Each name represented the ancestors of the Teng lineage from the beginning of the village's history.

"Engrave the names onto the clan monument," Teng Yunlong said in a low voice.

A grey-haired old man holding a knife walked under the huge stone and cautiously carved the five names onto the massive stone's surface.

"Sniff,Sniff...." The dead's families sobbed in a mournful tone, making the atmosphere even more sorrowful.

Teng Yunlong walked to the families of the deceased. The men who died were still in their prime, leaving behind their young children. The oldest one amongst them was just 20 years old. Touching a child's head, Teng Yunlong looked at them and said, "Your fathers were the Teng family's heroes who died for the clan. You should be proud of them!"

"Ah." A young body suddenly nodded.

In a few years, these young men, like their fathers, would fight to protect the clan. The Teng Clan had been able to survive for a thousand years because of their indomitable spirit passed downwards from generation to generation.

Eight people gather at Chief Teng Yunlong's house.

Other than Teng Yunlong, there were Teng Yonglei, Teng Yongxiang, Teng Yongfan and the elders within the clan, along with Teng Qingshan!

"Yonglei, you did well. That Wolf King's body cannot be pierced by common blades. Its completely white, undamaged fur, larger than a tiger skin, will make many wealthy people with high statuses want to buy it. It will fetch a better price than even the snow ferret's fur." Teng Yunlong said.

The clan's gain was indeed not small this time.

The Wolf King's hide was rarer and more valuable than a snow ferret's fur, especially since its body was completely white like snow.

"Chief." Teng Yonglei said, "Actually, it was all thanks to Qingshan. If it weren't for him, only two or three of us would have been to escape, let alone kill the Wolf King. The Wolf King, the four Alpha Wolves and over one hundred wolves were all killed by Qingshan."

Everyone present all looked at the youth Teng Qingshan.

Although they felt grief for the villagers who lost their lives, but, living in this chaotic world, their hearts were overwhelmed with happiness when they realized Teng Qingshan's amazing power.

He alone killed one hundred wolves, four Alpha wolves and even the Wolf King... What fearful strength! Moreover, this strength belonged to someone who was less than ten years old... How strong would he be once he grew up? The most important thing is... such a strong person belonged to the Teng Clan!

"Well done, Qingshan." Teng Yunlong praised.

"Fortunately, Qingshan didn't go to the Gui Yuan Sect back then." Teng Yongxiang sighed, "If he went, he may not have had such an amazing Spear Arts. Qingshan refined everything by himself, and his Spear Arts are even more profound than the arts taught by others." Once they knew about Qingshan's combat exploits, everyone approved of Qingshan's strength.