He wanted to be alone to relax yet he couldn't seem to shake his radar even after searching and finding the only place away from passing eyes in the near vicinity. He flinched whenever someone came in range of the café, which was often considering as the café was on one of the busiest streets towards town. Though he couldn't exactly see them - as in, he couldn't see them in his sight - he knew they were there. His eyes could scan the path, see their heat radiating off of their bodies, and feel their presence nearby.

          He stretched his legs and forced himself to calm down again, and this time it kind of worked. He crossed his ankles and leaned back on his chair, testing it's strength. It was a poxy bit of metal and fabric mashed together, not too strong compared to the chairs he normally sat on. He closed his eyes and tried to close his mind down, being only half successful when he did so. He could still feel the heat from the people moving backwards and forwards but now it was just like a dull drum in the background, reminding him that he wasn't totally away from everyone, but far away enough to have some space of his own without being interrupted.

          Taking a gulp of the throat burning coffee, he felt the liquid slide down his throat as if drinking luke warm water. He could stick his hand into a roasting fire and feel nothing at all, just the licks of the flames like a silk blanket, coating his fingertips. It was something he had tried a few times and no matter how long he sat there with his hand in the fire it didn't seem to burn.

His skin was smooth and only when you touched it did you realise the thickness of it compared to a normal person's skin. However, that didn't really bother Matt much because no one touched him, and so no one knew who he was or what a freak of nature he'd become. They only thought they knew.

          Matt had heard the whispers that had passed in class about him, the hushed voices at break and lunch and even after college when walking back to his house. He didn't care much because he knew none of them knew about him and his secrets.

How could they guess what he was?

They wouldn't believe it even if they did know. Hell, if he was told that someone was what he was he wouldn't believe them either. It just wasn't something people could grasp into their small simple minds. It was fantasy, make believe, no way true in the real world. If he was normal and he was told about a guy with his secret, Matt definitely wouldn't have believed it either. In fact, the old Matt probably would have laughed, teased and punched the guy who even tried to make up such a ridiculous tale.

          But it was real. What he was was definitely real, and he was one of these unfortunate people who got it bad. He whacked his fist against the glass again in frustration and a small crack emerged to the right of the middle of the small glass table. He quickly lifted his fist and studied it curiously. Not wanting to return the table smashed to smithereens, he gently placed his hand back on the surface and drank more coffee as if it had never happened.

          As if sensing something, Matt flinched and instantly put his radar back into gear, shielding himself and blocking the noises out to concentrate on a heated person that had just stepped over his boundaries. He sat up properly and stared at the entrance of the alley way that he had hid himself down. He blinked and green blurred his vision.

A yellow body was slowly moving closer to where he was sitting, just around the corner of the wall. His lip curled instinctively but he shook his head and stopped. It was a regular person walking; they were just slightly too close. No way would they come down an alley for no apparent reason. It wasn't as if anyone was looking for him and the alleyway led to a dead end anyway, binbags, cardboard boxes and rubbish littering the floor at the corners a few metres away from him.