Chapter 6: You're Undead to Me

Start from the beginning

"They will talk either way. So, what's this flyer for anyway?" I asked as Caroline and I started walking again. Occasionally putting the posters up.

Caroline looked proud of herself as her shoulders squared up and she started to walk with a bit more confidence. "I've arranged for The Sexy Suds car wash which is tomorrow. I got the Football team and the band committed. Well, not all of the band. Just the ones who can pull off a bikini. You see, I want a in-your-face type of Sexy. You might not know what that is, but I know what it is and that's all that matters." Caroline explained.

I felt very amused, "You might see me tomorrow. Tyler and I hang out a lot, I just wanted to let you know." I told Caroline who gave me a reassuring look.

"Trust me kid, I've already worked that into the plan. I already know you and Tyler are like conjoined fraternal twins with different ages." Caroline dismissively said

I snorted at how she explained Tyler's and I's relationship. "That is such a weird way to say it," I told her honestly, "but it's so true in a weird way."

After that, Caroline and I started to make small talk until I knew I had to get going to class. Saying bye to Caroline, I found my way to the classroom and couldn't wait to talk to Caroline some more. I really liked her, she had this confidence and didn't care what she said. It was a refreshing change that I enjoyed.

Over the day we exchanged a few words even with a bewildered Tyler standing nearby. When he asked why I was talking to her I just shrugged and said, "I like her attitude. She's pretty cool." Tyler just rolled his eyes and didn't ask me for the rest of the day thankfully.

It wasn't until we were about to leave school that I stopped to talk to Caroline again. "Caroline!" I shouted and sprinted across the yard toward her car. The blond was standing right next to her car and paused in her action of unlocking the car.

"What can I do for you, kid?" Caroline asked, It seems she was determined that my nickname is going to be Kid, as that's all she has called me as of yet.

"Uh, just wanted to say before I left. If you ever need me, no matter the time, no matter the topic. Call me." I told her trying to portray how serious I was. I handed her the small piece of paper that I scribbled my phone number, Ray's phone number, and even Rosanna and Gabriel's phone number on.

I watched as Caroline took it a bit dismissively. "I'm serious Caroline. No matter what. I don't care that we haven't gotten to know each other too much, but I want to be your friend. Anything you need, call me." I watched as Caroline finally seemed to get what I was trying to portray to her. She nodded a bit reluctant but clutched the paper tighter in her hand.

"I will." She said, a spark of determination illuminating from eyes. I gave her a smile before going back toward Tyler who looked exasperated at Caroline and I. Then, he decided that I should be carried as he did just that.

Now sitting on his shoulders, I twisted around and gave Caroline a wave. I watched her wave back before I was being dropped in the back seat of Tyler's car.

"Rude." I scolded Tyler without really meaning my words.

"Whatever." Tyler said back to me as he got into the driver's side of the car, "I had to deal with Caroline all day. You should be happy I wasn't rude then."

"We both know you have an unknown crush on her. If you'd just admit it already then we wouldn't have any problems," I dismissively told him.

Tyler didn't seem like coming up with some sort of comeback as we spent the rest of the car ride in silence.

For the rest of the day Tyler seemed to make it his mission to hang out with me, as we both played Football well into the evening. He dragged me toward the kitchens (much to my amusement) and made me test out some of the food he's been working on.