Tom Riddle did not smirk, he simply allowed his hands to fall into his pockets; his hair falling into his eyes. I could see a few Slytherin girls in the corner swooning at this. His blue eyes softened into an enticing shade, but his next words were completely devoid of the innocence in his face. "You must have studied a great deal of me Robins-- I'm impressed." 

   "No, you're not," I said flatly. 

   He cocked his head to the side. "No, I'm not," he copied my words copiously, in the manner of a dog obeying its master. 

   "Then just answer my question," I demanded, careful to show it in my eyes. 

   "You should have enough to answer your own question," he spoke so plainly, that it was nearly impossible to tell whether it was truth or lie. His eyes were still unmoving. If eyes were the windows to the soul, then a part of me feared that there was nothing behind the eyes of Tom Riddle. 

   "I just wanted to hear it for myself," I replied, forcing myself to remain calm. 

   Tom Riddle leaned against my armchair casually, his eyes transfixed on mine, as his hand pressed on the arm of my chair--barely an inch away from my own. There was no contact, but despite myself, I could feel a certain iciness grip my body. I shuddered. He looked satisfied with my reaction and allowed a characteristic smirk to grip his face. "Yes, Robins, I have all that I need," he answered; the darkness descending upon me. I figured as much. 

   "So do I," I said calmly. Tom Riddle's eyes did not narrow-- he was far too careful for a mistake like that, but I could see the way a muscle in his forehead straightened. He was the closest to surprised as I had ever seen him. 

    "You're lying, Robins," he spoke in a matter of face tone, but the tide had already turned. He was attempting to dupe me into revealing my supposed secret; he had made a costly error. 

    "Am I?" I humored him, tapping my finger on my chin thoughtfully. His jaw tightened. Anger. It was incredulous anger-- Tom Riddle knew better than anyone that he did not give anything away, yet my single remark had already put him on the defensive. I allowed a smirk to fall on my lips; leaning closer to him-- his cologne smelled faintly of ocean spray. "But you are afraid, aren't you, Tom Riddle? No one has ever caught this important secret until now, have they?" His eyes were now guarded. 

   "And why would I be afraid of you, Robins?" he asked slowly. 

   I twisted a strand of my red hair playfully, yet with the fluidity of a lioness. "You fear me because I do not fall for your easiest tricks-- I alone can see through your walls. And someday," I trailed; cocking my finger in a gun gesture, "--I will blow them all down...one by one..." 

   Tom Riddle looked down upon me, studying me fleetingly. A new gleam in his eyes made my heart stop in its chest. He laughed, warm and inviting, but his eyes thundered with the rage of a storm. "And does that make you think that you are my equal? Do you truly think that a simple bluff is enough to call you a rival?" he lilted.