"hey, hey" i quickly used my thumb to wipe the fallen tears beneath her eyes, then rested my hand on her cheek. "it's okay".

i carefully helped put the shirt over savannah's head for her to then put her arms through.

i moved her hair out from inside the shirt, knowing that she always hated how it made her hair itch her back, and pulled the white bed sheets open.

she climbed in and allowed me to cover her warmly as her eyes promptly started to drift to sleep. she calmly lay on her side with her head on the pillow.

"thank you" she mumbled, just before her eyes relaxed and completely closed.

i pulled up the sheets more, covering her properly, then happened to pause for a quick second. i watched her peacefully sleep, slowly breathing in and out.

doing the simplest of things, she can still look so beautiful and if this was a few months ago, i could have got into bed and held her in my arms, but it just sucks that things are so different now.

i kissed the top of her head and switched off the light, before going to get her the water that i promised would be waiting in the morning.

+

savannah's pov

slowly rubbing my temples, i walked out of my room whilst my head raged with the largest hangover to ever exist.

there wasn't a single thing that i could remember from last night, except for going to a club with my friends, and i'm pretty sure i don't even remember how i got home last night.

i looked in the guest room quickly to check if lauren had got home okay, but she was still deep in sleep so i decided to leave it until she woke up.

when i reached the living room, i weirdly enough saw jack fast asleep on the couch - he sat upright with his head tilted back and his arms and legs sprawled out.

i creased my brows since i honestly had no idea how he got here or why he was here, but my phone randomly received a text, causing jack to jolt out of his deep sleep.

"hey, sorry" i apologised as he rubbed his eyes. "i-i didn't mean to wake you".

"no, it's fine" he said, checking the time on his watch which read 10:23am. "wow, i should really get going anyways".

he stood up and pulled on his jacket, and i fiddled with the hem of the shirt i was wearing, wondered whether to ask about everything that i don't remember.

"um," i stopped him from moving any further. "last night was a complete blur to me. what happened exactly?".

"well, you—" he almost began, but strangely stared at me for a few seconds. "...you were just a little drunk. i was passing this club and lauren asked me to drop you home, then i must have just fallen asleep on the couch".

his words never gave me any sort of recollection of last night, but i just nodded and gave him a smile.

"oh, okay. well, thank you".

"it was no big deal".

jack gave me a small wave as he turned around to leave. although, he paused in his tracks and put his hands in his pockets, as he faced me again.

"in terms of us, savs, i just need time, that's all. i need time to recover from everything that's happened before things could potentially go back to how they were".

i nodded, quite surprised that he bought up that topic but i smiled warmly before answering, "it's okay. i understand".

this time, he turned around completely and went towards the door until his attention diverted to a scrunched up paper that he accidentally kicked.

he bent down and picked up, and from here, i couldn't even see what it was or what he was reading.

jack finally faced to me, but with a more hostile facial expression, "you went to see max?".

"what?".

"the visitation card" he showed me, then frustratedly threw it to the side. "it says that you went to see him".

"no, it's not what you think, i was telling him to leave me alone. he kept calling me, so i needed to put a stop to it" i explained, coming much closer to him.

jack's anger remained as he looked at me like was searching for some truth.

"i'm not lying, jack. you believe me, right?" i asked, then exhaled with my eyes shut as i knew that there was no way he would answer that question after everything that's happened.

he scoffed and rubbed his chin, "no, actually. i don't, savs".

"jack—".

"i've gotta go" he moved towards the door, but i immediately stopped him.

"no! i'm not letting you believe that i would sit there and allow max to explain himself and justify what he did because i would never" i told him. "...after the way things have been with us, i wouldn't".

"so, if things were good between us you would have?" he inquired.

"no, that's not what i'm saying" i corrected, pushing my hair back, but jack still continued to show me an expression that said he didn't believe me one bit.

i raised my hand and gently touched his cheek, making sure that he was looking directly into my eyes.

"i love you and i wish that these last few months never happened, but they did and you even said it yourself: we could potentially get back to how things were. so, let's try that, okay, please".

"savannah?" lauren tiredly spoke from behind me, but i couldn't even stop to look at her as i was so determined for jack to respond with the right words.

my heart raced as he touched my hand that was still rested on his cheek, then took a second to kiss it softly. i started to relax at his warm gesture, until he removed my hand from his face and let go.

"i can't" his voice cracked. "me, feeling so paranoid that you will go back to max even when he's behind bars isn't good for me. i thought i could deal with it, but there's no way".

he wiped his eyes, going towards the front door.

"jack, let's just talk about this and—".

"i'm sorry" he cut me off, shaking his head and opening the door.

i desperately rushed towards him, "jack!" i called out, but he shut the door behind him, leaving me to lean against it in heaps of tears.

-

that broke my heart but

where do you think things lie for jack and savs now?

and btw i recently made a new plan for upcoming chapters and i've got major ideas coming up, so wanting to end this book on fifty chapters might possibly flop lol

{vote, comment and share}