Chapter 9

January 15th, 2016
                                      Part 2
Oliver was eager to get to school to see Jane, and to just spend time with her in general. Oliver finally pulled up to school. He locked the door to his car and headed to the top of the hill to wait for Jane and his friends. He stood and waited. He scrolled through his phone on Instagram just to kind of pass the time. After about 15 minutes, Jane finally showed up.
"Hi," Jane said as she kept walking by.
"Hey," Oliver responded. He turned around and watched her leave. He felt weird, like she didn't want to talk to him. He kinda got like a bad vibe from her, but he just figured she had to go put something in the office.
Moments later he saw Lan'e, Marie, Lee, and Sandra pull up. He walked over to them and asked them if they had heard anything from Jane. They all said no. Except for Lan'e.
"WHY! WHAT SHE DO! I WILL FIGHT HER I AM NOT PLAYING OLI!" Lan'e yelled, turning a few heads.
"No, she didn't do anything. I saw her earlier and kind of got a weird, bad vibe from her," Oliver said.
"Vibes are trippy, man. I once got a weird vibe from a peacock. Next thing I know, it's in my living room fighting my dog and my gerbil. Trippy," Lee said.
"Oh god Lee," they all said simultaneously.
"No, but it felt like she didn't love me. I felt like she didn't want to talk to me or be with me anymore," Oliver said sadly.

Lee, Lan'e, Sandra, Marie and Oliver stood there talking about what their weekend plans were while waiting for class to start.
"I kinda wanna go to the alley by the mall and eat some brownies with Mr. Mouse. That's my mouse friend who lives there," Lee said.
"Lee, what is it that you do for fun?" Sandra asked.
"Tennis, sleep, eat, smoke, the usually man," Lee said.
"Guys, I think Lee's a stoner," Oliver whispered.
"Yeah, same," everyone said simultaneously.
"But anyway, I kinda wanna hangout with Jane. Maybe we'll go to the movies or something. Like a date," Olive said blushingly.
"Awwwwww," everyone said.
"Somebodies in love," Rose said, walking into the conversation.
"Stop," Oliver said smiling while burying his face into his hoodie.
"Oliver and Jane, sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage," everyone sang.
As the girls were wrapping up their song, the bell rang and it was time to go to class. On his way to class, Oliver saw Jane and smiled at her. She looked and saw him and walked the other direction.
"Okay? What was that?" Oliver thought to himself as he walked into math.
"Hello Mr. Eric," Oliver said.
"Goodmorning Oliver, how are you doing this morning?" Mr. Eric asked.
"Okay, how about you?" Oliver responded.
"I was well until you walked in," Mr. Eric responded. Mr. Eric always had a playful attitude like that. He would always make jokes with his students seeming he didn't like them, but in all actuality, he loved them.
Oliver always struggled in math, but today it was a lot harder. It was not because of educational worries, but because he was kind of sad about Jane.
"I just want to know she loves me. I don't think she does. Does she?" Oliver thought to himself. He buried his face in his arms and laid his head down on the desk. He shed a single tear, feeling really down and depressed. He began to shed more and more tears. It was almost peculiar how absolutely no one looked, noticed, or cared.
Finally, Math was over and it was time for Science. Science was fun for Oliver because it was very engaging and Mr. A was a pretty cool dude. Oliver, still not being at his happiest, put his headphones in and walked to class. Jane was still in class when he walked by, he looked in the window and saw her. He stopped, smiled, and looked at her, but she just didn't notice. He stopped smiling and kept walking. Turning the corner to head to Science, he thought about her: her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her humor, her hair, her skin, her hands. Her. He headed down the stairs and started crying again. He just wanted her to hold him and tell him everything would be alright.
Oliver walked into Mr. A's class still wiping the tears off of his face pretending to be happy.
"Hey Oli," Mr. A said.
"Hey Mr. A," Oliver said as he walked in and sat in his seat. He was still wiping a few tears away as he opened his computer and began to do the task on the board.
"Hi," He emailed Jane.
"Hey," she responded.
"Congrats on your project," Oliver said.
Minutes passed and she didn't respond. He kinda felt hurt. By then, Science was over and it was time for brunch. Oliver got up and walked outside. He went to the hill and sat under a tree. He sat there listening to music trying to gather himself and all of his emotions.
Lying there alone under the tree, Oliver felt a small but bearing shadow come over him. He slowly opened his eyes to see who and/or what it was.
"Hi," Jane said standing over him.
"Hi," Oliver said sitting up off the ground. "What are you doing here?" Oliver asked.
"Well, you're over here lying on the ground with headphones in. It's in my best interest to come over and see what's wrong," Jane responded.
"I'm fine," Oliver said, lying straight through his teeth.
"Well, I'm going to sit here with you until break is over," Jane said.
"Okay, that's fine," Oliver responded.
"Oh and thanks I got your email about my report," Jane responded.
"Oh you're welcome," Oliver responded.
As they sat and watched the boys play their soccer game on the field, Ryan began to point at her and wave.
"Ugh, Ryan and I have some pretty complicated issues," Jane said
"Oh, lol. Why is it so complicated?" Oliver asked.
"I'll tell you at a later time," Jane responded.
"Okay, lol," Oliver said as the bell rang.
"Come on, let's go to class," Jane said helping Oliver up off the ground. As he got up, she turned and walked to class, and he did the same. Oliver felt some type of way watching her little little legs take off running from him made him feel some type of way. He didn't know if he felt sad, or upset, but he knew it wasn't good.
Oliver sat in study hall working on his work, he had to write some more of his poem for English.