Scribble Tom/Reader | Everything happens for a Reason

Start from the beginning

You just kidnapped a child.

You start to panic as you look down at him again, "H-hey, do you have anyone I can c-call so you can go home again?"

He shook his head, again, his eyes still glued to the screen. He noticed your sudden tense of mood and looked up at you to see sweat balling up on your forehead. "Don't worry, I don't think they would want me there anyways."

Those words hit harder than the fact that you just nonchalantly broke the law while trying to save this kid. Someone this small and so innocent looking should not have the mind set of that. "What do you mean?"

He got quiet, relaxing into your arms more with his eyes paying more attention to the screen again.

"Honey, you need to tell me who your parents are, I don't want them to get worried about you."

He turned off the television and looked up at you, shaking his head. What does he mean?

You sigh and look down at him, "Can I have your name at least?"

"Scribble Tom."

Scribble Tom. Totally something to work off of right there. You cover your face in a mix of frustration, worry and sadness, not wanting to look down at him anymore. You found your breath to be quite shaky and tears start to form and make your hands wet, you can't look at him now, oh no, he'd probably start to cry, too.

He sat up and pried your hands away from your face, frowning slightly to see you cry. He placed his small, delicate hands on your cheeks, smiling reassuringly at you. You pulled him close again and hid your red and soaked face in his shoulder, even though your head was too large to fit there anyways, shaking slightly as you start to let your mind roam the dark possibilities of what happens to Scribble while he's at home and what will happen to you once the police find out what you've done.

His soft voice broke the thoughts and shushed you slightly, "It's okay (miss/mister), you're nicer than them already."

You wanted to squeeze him so tight, he is more honest and down to earth than you are on a good day. It's like you're talking to an adult.

"I'm tired though, can we go to sleep now?" He pulled away from the hug to look down at you and rub his eyes.

Tired, cranky and basically done with the world and it's laws, you nod and get up to lead him to your room.

His eyes sparked to see the walls covered in posters and sketches, some soft lights strung around the room as well. "Wow," he whispered in awe, walking around slowly and cautiously.

"This is your room for tonight, Scribble. I'll be taking the couch and-"

"No," he cut you off and hugged your leg, "I want you here."

You got surprised about how little he cared about a stranger who basically took him in and is caring for him like one of their own but.. You figured to keep the poor boy happy, this is the least you can do. You kneel down and place your hands on his shoulders, "Your wish is my command."

He giggled and smiled wide at you, running to the bed and jumping onto it with a single bound. You scoff as you stand up and chuckle, "Do you want a change of clothes to sleep in? I may have something small enough to fit you.. mostly."

He looked a bit dumbfounded from the question and sat up, "You change before you go to bed?"

"Yeah," you worried from his situation at home again, "like pj's or onesies."

"Pee-jays," he muttered to himself, the word obviously new to him. You smile softly as you turn to find one of your old and small shirts, walking over to place it on the bed, "You like it? I'll cut it if it's too big for you."

He carefully slid the shirt over to him and examined it, nodding up at you. You turned to give him some privacy as he changed into the shirt you gave him and he couldn't stop smiling and giggling.

"What's so funny Scribble?" You chuckle down at him while walking over to the closet again find yourself some pajamas.

"This smells like you," he giggled, "and it's so warm and soft like a biiiig, tight hug."

The corners of your lips turned upwards so fast and you couldn't stop yourself from making a stupid grin while looking over at him, "Awww. If you want that could be yours, I rarely wear it anyways."

He squeaked and clapped his hands together, "Yes, yes! I'd like that!"

You turn to find your pajamas and you smile at him, "I'm going to go change, you stay here. I'll be as quick as possible."

He looked a bit hesitant to let you go but he smiled and nodded, hugging the shirt. You hum as you leave and leave the door open a crack so he can see where you are as you walk to the bathroom to change.

Stepping into the small room again, you sigh and look at yourself in the mirror. Touching your cheek, you remember what Scribble said and you smiled faintly before you change into your pj's. You felt this odd feeling like you've been yearning to do this for all this time once you change and look at yourself again. It's like this was fate.

Stepping out of the bathroom with a soft grin, you walk back to your room to see Scribble under the covers. You playfully gasp and put your hands on your cheeks, "Where's Scribble? Oh no, he probably hid under the desk," you walk over to where your computer his held along with old papers of letters and bills you paid weeks ago. Before the thoughts flood, you hear a soft giggle.

"Where could he be? Oh! Maybe the closet?" You walk to the closet and shuffle around the clothes on the racks, making Scribble giggle louder.

"Oh, silly me!" You walk to the covers and pull them off carefully, "Here he is!"

He laughs and jumps up to hug you tight, hiding his face in your stomach, "You need to work on finding things!"

You laugh and sit on the bed, letting him go, "Yeah, I do, if I should've looked harder. Ready for bed?"

He yawns in agreement and lays down, smiling up at you tiredly. That same fuzzy and warm feeling hits your stomach again as you lay down next to him and turn away to give him some privacy again. He pats your back, "Turn around."

You do what he asks and he hugs you while nuzzling your chest and yawning again. You smile down at him and wrap your arms around him protectively, resting your eyes as he reminded you of your stuffed animal you had as a child.

"Goodnight," he mumbled.

"..Night, Scribble. Sweet dreams."

~
As I lay down in bed with the stupidest grin, I realized I hecking wrote this in one sitting. Nearly 2,000 words. Pff, new record. I really hope you enjoy this as much as I did writing it!
edit: please stop commenting about mistakes