Chapter 1

Hollywood Arts

Los Angeles, California

Tori’s P.O.V.

“Where’s Sikowitz? He’s late to class again for the third day now?” I said with an exasperated look, glancing at the both doors where Sikowitz may enter.

“Calm your panties down Vega, did you ever think that maybe Sikowitz has a life outside of school, better than yours I bet” Jade commented, sitting down beside Beck. 

“You know you don’t always have to be so hateful,” Beck said, looking to Jade and resting her chin on his shoulder with his hand.

“Yea but it’s Tori, no one likes her,” Jade replied, cuddling up to Beck. “Especially me.” 

“The feeling’s mutual she-devil,” I countered, ignoring Jade’s burning gaze and turned around, trying to figure out where the heck Sikowitz was and why he had been showing up to class late for the past couple of days? I mean if anyone was to be late to class, it would be the students, not the teacher, that’s just setting a bad example.

“Maybe he’s at the barber’s shop!” Cat said cheerfully, butting into my thoughts.

“And why would he be there Cat, the man has no hair on his head to cut?” Andre said, joining in on the conversation.

“Plus he wouldn’t be at the barber shop for 3 days in a row Cat” I chimed in, not thrilled with where Cat was going to take this next. 

“One time my brother used to go to the barber’s shop every week from Monday to Saturday in the morning, until the barber’s daughter he kept hitting on pressed charges against him” Cat said.

“Why?” Andre and I asked simultaneously.

“Cause the girl kept threatening to call the cops on him whenever he would flirt with her, and then he tried to give her a hair-cut himself to show her he was worthy,” Cat answered with, fiddling with her red hair and pulling out a lollypop from her purse sucking on it.

“Ohhh,” Andre said softly, sliding back in his seat trying to avoid the awkward topic obviously. 

“Man, has your brother ever done anything that doesn’t get himself into trouble with the authorities Cat?” Jade inquired. 

“No, he’s one pretty messed up dude,” Cat said, popping the lollypop out of her mouth. 

“So I’m guessing it’s a good thing we haven’t met up with him yet then?” Robbie said, joining all of us with Rex on his lap as usual.

“Yeah, but he couldn’t even if he tried to. He’s not allowed in L.A. anymore,” Cat snapped at Robbie. 

“How can someone not be allowed in Los Angeles? Isn’t that like impossible,” Beck implied.

“Yeah, but you’re not my brother,” Cat explained. “He’s also not allowed in New York, Pennsylvania, or Virginia either.”

“How about we not go there,” I said to Cat, placing my hand over her mouth to prevent her from continuing.

“Kk” Cat said, pushing away my hand and sucking on her lollypop again.

“So… What are your guy’s plans for semester break, since it’s nearly here,” Robbie asked, scooting closer to us in his chair.

“I know that Robbie’s not doing anything special,” Rex implied.

“I am so!” Robbie said furiously.