You Would Never Know (2)

Roxanne's POV

''I think....well he's sweet, thats for certain..but its too early for me to tell whether I have a crush on him or not'' Kelly said. She said each word as if calculating what effect it would have on me. And thats certainly not what I wanted.I wanted her to go straight out tell me everything, but I loved her too much to be harsh on her and try to force it out of her.

All too quickly I realized she had never stopped talking and was babbling something about her friends. As I tried to concentrate on what she was saying, my heart kept rewinding Nicky's words...I had already memorized our conversation...

The next day, 15 minutes after Kelly had left saying she had a party to attend I sat at the window of my apartment which was on the 3rd floor, I glanced down and to my utter shock I saw Kelly and Nicky engrossed in a conversation...he had never even bothered to talk to me when I crossed him unnoticed so many times! I felt jealousy burn though my body and my anger knew no bounds.

Before I knew it, I was on my bed, tears pouring down my cheeks. This was a rare sight...I was always considered a strong person...

''Its not fair...Just because shes pretty...And I thought he'd have more sense than...'', I stammered and stuttered...my words slurred because of all the crying.

That when I realized my phone ringing next to me. Two missed calls from....KELLY??

I realized I had been so judgmental...I hadn't even bothered to ask her what had really happened!

i quickly called her back.

''Hey Kelly!'' I said,''Hows your party going?'' At that moment I hoped she would lie to me and tell me shes reached and its going fine so that I'd get an excuse to shout at her...I wanted her to know she was hurting me...but somewhere..somehow I knew it wasn't her..it was me..I was hurting myself...

I decided she had to know i had a crush on him! If she was crushing on him too at least she wouldn't tell me and I wouldn't feel guilty anymore! It was mean but I had to do it or it would kill me...

''No sis!I haven't reached. And you won't believe what happened!'' She replied, interrupting my train of thoughts. ''Sis,Nicky saw me when I was about to leave and he came to talk to me!''

''Kelly I need to tell you something important'' I said, desperation clear in my voice.

''Roxy what I have to say is way more important than whatever you do, trust me!!''

''Fine!'' I said..sighing in withdrawal, ''But be quick''

''Sis he said I'm very cute...and then he started talking about himself...saying he was very popular in school..hes great at dancing, and acting, and he was flirting with me! And then...''

''Kelly, is THIS your Very Important matter''

''NO. I just need 2 minutes more! And then he said that a whole lot of girls have proposed to him but he finds me................................special!AND he asked me for my number!!!!!!''

Unable to take in all this, I felt numb and couldn't find words.

When I finally found my tongue, I said, ''But what did you say at that?'', my voice quivering.

''Fortunately thats when my car entered the drive way and Mom was in the car..I couldn't reply...and thank God for that!!I was sooooo nervous!!But you know what sis? I think....I think I like him...I just hope he wasn't kidding around with me.''

And THAT was when my world fell apart. I couldn't concentrate on anything at all as I cut the line. I just sat and stared at the stark walls...wondering how it could be possible...how it could seem so dark on such a bright day...how a few words could ruin me this way...not a tear went down my cheeks now...as I made my decision...

I would not come in between them...Kelly would never regret having a sister like me...

''Roxanne!Dinners ready!!'' I heard Mom say as she knocked my door.

''By the way don't change into your night dress yet...I've invited our neighbors over too...Mr and Mrs Drew and their son Nicholas should be here any moment''

__________________________________________________________________________________

How d'you like it??? Do comment and vote!!

And what do you think will happen??

Do give me some feedback...positive criticism is always appreciated...!

_________________________________________________________________________________