Chapter 2 [Four Months Later]

She heard something downstairs in the kitchen, saying something. She put her hoodie on and walked downstairs. She still had her IPod on.

"Yes mom?" she asked her mom in a non caring tone she felt something fly out of her ear.

"... Do you ever turn that thing off?" her mom asked her angrily, she paused it.

"No I have no need or want to." her still pale complication worried her mother more than she knew.

"I have some exiting news?" she said it as if it were a question.

"What mom?" her mother's smile went.

"We have some new people moving into our hous..."

"WHAT?!" she took off her hood and glared at her mother.

 "I know that you don't want strange people, that you don't know, coming into our house."

"Do you even know these people?" she screamed at her mother.

"Stop yelling at me! Yes, I know him."

"Him?"

"Yes him. As I was saying, his name is Nathan. You should be able to get along with him and his son."  Beverly wanted to burn holes into her mother. "Ben is his name. I think he might go to school with you." Bev ran to her room. "Get back here, you haven't ate yet!"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sat in her room shaking, tears running down her face, thoughts of him taking over her thoughts. Her shaking was starting to get frantic and the tears were streaming down her un-washed face making clean streaks. 

"Why? Why? Why?..." she rocked herself back and forth. Her voice was shaking and cracking on the y.

Her mother placed her ear against the door and heard her daughter on the other side. Tears were starting to form in her eyes.

"...Only us. This would only happen to me."

She got off the floor and grabbed the door handle. Locked. She walked back downstairs and sat at the table. She placed her palms on her eyes. The phone started ringing. 

"That might be Nathan, better not be sounding like this when we talk." she picked up the phone and saw that it was her ex-husband. "Fuck!"

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No need to freak,"  His words echoed in her head. She stopped rocking and fell on her side, and started screaming, re-living it over again. "Don't want to get my father's attention..."  his laugh started echoing in her head. She slammed her head on the headboard, hard, and blacked out. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you calling me?" Her voice went from mumbles to yelling.

"I just wanted to know when am I getting to see my daughter."

"Never, remember we are divorced and I got her."

"You say that as if it'd were a bad thing."

"Don't call me again, ok? I don't need your shit right now."

"My sh..." he was cut off by her pressing the end call button.

She heard a bang upstairs and thought nothing of it. She got out her phone book and dialed Nathan's number.

"Hello?"

"Nathan, hi I just called to see how the packing up is going." 

"Fine, just trying to figure out why I'm doing this."

"I thought you were doing it for living closer to work, and helping me a lot."

"... Ben, can you bring that over here."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She woke to pounding on her door and black spots clouding her vision.

"What?" she yelled at the door, her voice heavy. 

"I heard something, I thought I'd come up to see if anything happened." 

Bev didn't answer, she grabbed hold of her legs.

"They are going to be here tomorrow. We need to talk about where they're going to be sleeping."