Kiss me on the mouth and set me free

What the hell was he doing? 

Steve had acted on impulse, feeling so many emotions running through him that he just didn't know how to process them all. Sharon's reaction had felt like a stab to the chest, though she had every reason to be mad. 

'Son of a bitch!' She'd yelled at him, eyes filled with a sudden rage that he'd never seen in her before. 

It doesn't mean anything! he had wanted to yell at her as she stormed off. Him and Bucky, it was all for a bet. To get money for their wedding. And Steve had just lost it. He felt as if his heart, as delicate as a glass sculpture, had just been dropped, hitting the ground and shattering into trillions of little shards. He felt Bucky pulling him closer and he didn't resist, hardly registering the words of, "Oh, baby..." that had tumbled out of the brunettes mouth. He didn't react, feeling the tears start to slip. Maybe those words were just what he needed right now.

"Shh...Baby, it's going to be okay." 

He felt Bucky press a gentle kiss against his forehead; his hand running through his hair. A sudden warmth rushed through his chest and he'd quickly pulled back, lips gaping slightly as he stared at Bucky for a brief moment. He knew what he was feeling all of a sudden was just a reaction to Sharon, yet...

He had to be sure.

Just a reaction he reminded himself, surging forward to kiss Bucky.

Which brought him to his current question:

Rogers, what the hell are you doing?

Bucky had faltered, taking a moment before he'd started to kiss back, but when he did... God, Steve felt like he was soaring. He pressed into the kiss, deepening it while vaguely registering Bucky's soft moans: Little intakes of breath that made his heart flip. He breathed in deeply, feeling the other man's lips, so soft against his own. Bucky kissed him with so much passion and emotion, almost as if he'd been dying of dehydration and Steve was a golden chalice filled with the purest water. Bucky's hands found their way to Steve's hair, tightening against his blonde strands, lips parting slightly to grant access to his toungue-

And that's when Steve crashed back into reality, plummeting back to earth like a meteor hitting the ground. He pulled away in one swift movement, breathing heavily as he watched Bucky try to follow the kiss, pupils blown wide as he met Steve's mirrored gaze.

"Steve..." He murmured, voice hoarse with a trace of desperation in his tone. 

"Fuck," He breathed, slowly standing up, hands shaking. He took a step back feeling like he was about to collapse. He stole a glance back to Bucky and couldn't do it anymore. The rush of emotions he was feeling was overwhelming. It felt like he was looking up at a huge wave, bearing down to crash over him, it's sole purpose to drown him. "I...have to go," he heard himself whisper, feeling tears welling into his blue orbs. 

He had to get out of there. 

Letting out a shaky breath he turned around, not even feeling like he was in his body as he walked out of the cafe. There was no way he could go back to the hotel...

Natasha. The one person he could go to for anything. 

He yanked his phone out of his pocket, dialing her number as he began walking in the direction of the hotel's taxi service. 

She picked up the phone on the third ringing, murmuring a distracted "Hello?" through the receiver.

"Nat..." He murmured, voice strained as he forced back the tears. He slowly sat down on a bench, and all at once the tears started, streaming down his face as he began to softly sob into the phone.