Chapter 1 - The News that Changed my Life...

“Scarlett Johnstone?" The doctor said as he poked his head round the corner of the hospital ward.

"Yes?" I said. I was so nervous, wondering what he was going to say, I could tell by the tone of his voice that it was bad news.

"I'm afraid that I have some life changing news..." He said.

I knew it.

Let me tell you what happened.

"Aw, your dog is so cute!!!!" I squealed, looking at Bobby's new Rot Weiler with a grin plastered to my face.

Bobby was my best friend, she was like a sister to me. I had known her since we were 4 years old and I loved her to pieces!

"I know right? Her name's Jodie." Bobby said, grinning as much as I was.

"Me and the band were just practising, come on in!" I said and showed her in.

"Wanna root beer?" I asked her.

"Sure, I never refuse a root beer!" She said, making me chuckle.

I handed her a bottle just as I heard the band upstairs in my rehearsal room.

"I think they're trying to get your attention." Bobby laughed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, come on up!" I said and ran up the stairs, Bobby following me.

 Our band was called One True Lies, a cover band, but we were still really well known world wide.

Let me introduce you to the guys;

- Me (Scarlett Johnstone): Lead singer/Lead guitar

- Alex Pendin: Bass guitar/second/back up singer

- Danny Force: Drums

- Fynn Chance: Rhythm guitar

- Bobby Chance: Merch girl/Piano

(Yes... Fynn and Bobby are siblings...)

"Guys, alright, I'm here, we can rehearse now!" I yelled over the noise.

"Well, we were calling you like, loads!" Danny teased.

"No we weren't! Jesus, we called you once, Scar!" Alex butted in.

"Ok, well I'm up here now, so let's get rockin' and rollin'!" I sang, laughing, I then went up to them and turned around to face Bobby again. "Bobby. We're gunna need you for this one, we're doin' Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chem."