New addition

The rooftop session ended rather late and I made an executive decision to do no homework. I decided to just relax and do most of it during study hall in first period. What I don't get done, I will simply not turn in because what's one time. One missing homework.
Anyways I was driving Camila and Lauren home watching cars pass by and lights fade. The first time in a while I've had close to complete silence. The only sound besides the natural sounds of the car was Camila playing with her anxiety clicker. It's this little gadget she holds and messes with to keep an anxiety attack from growing. She does it often even during class regardless of how quiet the room is and how much it sticks out. It's just her world. She lives not worrying about how others think of her. That's what I strive her. She wears what she feels, says what she wants, and does as she pleases. The only outside source in her world is when her plan crosses paths with someone she knows and cares for. When that happens she takes the time to accommodate them and help them then continued on. Usually the only person who she accommodates is Lauren. They're two peas in a pod. They watch each other's backs. They're so tight most people don't understand them and nothing could break their bond. Lucky me I get to join them in that unbreakable bond. Hopefully I can build the same with both of them. The holy trinity.
I pull into Camila's house and both girls get out of the car.
"Lauren dont you want me to take you home."
"I'm ok I'm staying with Camila tonight." She replies.
"Ok I'll see you guys tomorrow."
"Yeah. Thanks for tonight Caspian. I had fun."
"I had fun too you are an absolute joy to be around Lauren." She smiles at me then brings her attention down to her feet.
"I'll see you tomorrow then." She says before closing the door and following Camila inside. Once I make sure they're both safely inside I reverse from their driveway and head back to my house wondering why Lauren decided tonight of all nights to stay with Camila. Weird.
------------------

The next day on the way to the lunchroom footsteps run behind me and Camila then come to a halt next to us.
"Hey guys." It was that kid Shawn.
"Oh Shawn what's up?"
"Look I heard you playing guitar in the music room and I think yore really good dude. I've been looking for some good musicians in this school who understand my passion. So I was wondering if I could have lunch with you guys."
"What about those guys you were hanging with they're musicians."
"Allow me to repeat my statement. I've been looking for good musicians with passion to hang out with."
"Oh. I see. Well if you're prepared for the hatred that comes with tagging along with us you're free to join us."
"Awesome." He walks beside us and I wrap an arm around Camila's shoulders because I felt like it. I saw Shawn look down at my arm with an unreadable expression. I ignored it though. We made our way to the cafeteria and entered. Lauren was sitting alone with her packed lunch and The Alchemist in her hands. She looked up seeing me and smiled then she canned over my arm and over Shawn and her resting expression was restored. She turned back to her book and continued reading even as we sat down.
"Hey." I great her taking notice of the stares that were all around us. Eventually everyone turned their focus back to their lunches and conversations but the stares were momentary. I sat right next to her and Shawn sat next to Camila across from us.
"So Shawn decided to join us today. Hope that's ok?" I ask her and Lauren was still so focused on her book but she nodded.
"So Laur how was your day so far?" She shrugs.
"Good things?" She shook her head.
"Bad things." She nods her head.
"Were any of those losers messing with you because I swear I'll mess them up again for you." She shakes her head.
"So you're not talking today?" She shakes her head.
"Ok then so Cami how has your day been going?"
"Gonzales is working every last nerve in my body. He's trying hard to fail me. He keeps pulling such stupid stunts on me it's so aggravating."
"Aye ill rough him up for you. Nobody messes with my Cami." I joke and she rolls her eyes with a smile. Lauren was now looking up and her eyes were locked with Shawns. I'm not going to lie it was weird and it made me a little bit upset. I don't know why. I just felt weird about it.
"Lauren are you ok?" Camila asked confused by their stare off as well. She nods continuing to stare. Shawn was not at all weirded out he was staring back.
"Shawn bro you alright?"
"I'm fine."
"Ok what is going on?" I ask.
"Look Laur I'm sorry." He says. She just glares harder.
"Seriously I'm trying to fix this." She shakes her head glaring and after he pleads one more time she picks up her bag and her book and leaves the lunch room.
"What did you do?" I ask him after she leaves.
"We were friends for a bit way back when and I left I moved them I came back and I haven't really talked to her since."
"Why?" I ask gritting my teeth now upset at the tall black haired boy.
"Because everyone said she was psycho and I was being selfish."
"Are you kidding me?!" I yell standing up gaining so much attention from the cafeteria.
"I was stupid and naive. I don't want this whole popular thing I want my best friend back but she won't even look at me.