Never Loved (someone like you) Before Part 1

This story is owned and written by Everdeenwayland on Archives of our own. And the reason why I liked to share this with you is because I have a feeling that you are going to love this cause I know I did

Again I DO NOT OWN THIS STORY all-rights reserved to Everdeenwayland on Archives of our own

Chapter 1: It had to be you.

Jyn Erso didn't believe in soul mates. She had never really believed it. Not even when her parents insisted on telling her those hard to believe fairy tales about how the force chose two people and connected them. Much less did she believe in it when the Empire separated her from her parents only to train her in order to turn her into an indispensable cog in the fight against the rebels. She had heard stories, like everyone else, but she knew that love was dangerous among the ranks of the Empire.

Jyn could not afford to believe in soul mates.

So when at 18 her right arm started to burn as hot needles were passing through his skin, she could hardly believe it. Of all people, it had to be her. With morbid curiosity, she watched as a number six slowly appeared on her arm. She reached her hand to the mark, unsure, and caressed it, allowing herself to dream about the future. The moment her finger touch the number, numerous images came to her head and, for a second, she felt her chest filled with a warm sensation. But the next second, she returned to reality feeling empty, although she had been accustomed to it for many years. With the serious coldness of a murderer, she lowered the sleeve of hier uniform as if nothing had happened, praying not to be discovered with it engraved on her skin, praying not to destroy everything she had achieved until that moment.

At the age of 18, a promise was made: She would do her best not to meet her soul mate.

Cassian Andor believed strongly in the soul mates. He had grown up listening to the stories about how force chose people and did anything to get them together despite everything. When he was little, he had seen the way his father cared for his mother, and every time they told him how they had met - thanks to the mark on his arm - he listened attentively. It was one of his favorite stories. He would later learn that all this would not save them from the terrible fate, but that did not make him believe in all the stories his parents had told him.

So when at 18 he felt his right arm burn, as if someone was cutting his skin in two, he smiled slightly. There was his mark, the one he'd been waiting for so long. He carefully lifted the sleeve of his uniform and watched the silhouette of a stone appear on his forearm. He stroked the drawing tenderly, wondering what his soul mate would be like. At that moment, his mind filled with images of her, of her memories, of moments she had lived. But it lasted little, leaving him wanting more.

At the age of 18 a promise was made: Whatever happened, he would find her.

~~~

Cassian Andor, better known as Captain Andor, was one of the best captains of the Rebel Alliance, in charge of the most intricate missions, of which he was always victorious. So when he was assigned the kidnapping of Sergeant Jyn Erso, he could not help but smile without knowing why. He had a good feeling about it. Mon Mothma handed him the report of the mission, and he flipped the pages to where the information was about her, Jyn Erso, who ran the fields of work on the planet Wobani. Daughter of Galen Erso, they said that despite being an obedient and trained military woman, one of the best in the Empire, she was too unpredictable and often acted inexplicably, which prevented her from having grown up more in the empire. Cassian knew what he had to do, always knew, but her face was too familiar.

Jyn Erso, rather known as Sergeant Erso, was about to receive a new shipment of prisoners. Quiet as a marble statue, she watched as the trucks were moving smoothly. Then her right arm began to burn, something she had not felt for almost 5 years. The surprise did not last long, because it was then that she heard a hollow sound at her side, along with a quick footsteps noise. She turned quickly, her body moving almost instinctively, and she pulled the dagger she had hidden in her pocket, putting it around the neck of the person who had tried to attack her from behind. On her right arm, it almost seemed like acid had hit the mark, but she barely blinked. The man she had cornered smiled bitterly.

"Of all possible people, it had to be you." He said simply. And before she could react to those words, he hit her with something metallic on the head, leaving her unconscious.