We sat down in the den and watched our movie, well I watched the movie while she played on her phone for a majority of it.

Before the movie ended our mom came home and immediately started supper, I went into the kitchen to help her.

"How was your day?" She asked with a smile as she browned some ground meat.

I shrugged, "alright I suppose."

"It's almost time for your party, have you invited any of the kids from school to come?" She asked almost a little hopefully.

To be honest I never have the time to make proper friends.

Sure everyone in school knows me simply because they know of me and the position I will take one day, but between my classes, extracurriculars, school clubs, and training with both of my parents...I have little to no social life.

"Mom I'm in high school...it's not like I'm going to just walk up to them and hand them an invitation to my birthday party." I blushed a little at the thought.

She sighed. "I would expect you to show a little effort to get to know your people."

I shook my head, "it isn't that I am not trying to get to know them...but I have like no time to talk to anyone other than Gigi and Kelly." I admitted "But if it make you feel any better I'll invite everyone at school, even if I do come out looking like a desperate loser in the process."

She shook her head and rolled her eyes in a slightly humored fashion, "You're so dramatic...I'm sure your father can put out an Alpha link and let the whole pack know they're all invited, now...will you please help me start chopping some veggies?"

I was thankful that the topic had been dropped...at least for now.

As the afternoon faded to night our dad came home and my mom called out to my sister and I so that we could have what she liked to call "family time."

"Hope...you know we don't use our phones at the dinner table." Our dad told her.

"Yes sir." She sighed as she turned her phone off and put it away.

As expected my parents zeroed in on me about the party and continuing my training.

"Come Monday I think it would be a good idea to begin attending some meetings with me when you get off of school." Dad said.

"But I look after Hope, we walk home together."

He shook his head, "Hope can stay at the Carmichael's house until mom picks her up, its important that you start learning the real lessons Gracie, interacting with your people, hearing them out, letting them get to know the real you."

I nodded. "Yes sir." I knew there was no point in arguing.

__________

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone shouted as I walked into the backyard of the pack-house.

Everyone from the pack was there including some of my family from Springwell.

I smiled "thank you everyone for coming out, please I want everyone to have a good time." I said, the words came out confidently (probably because I had practiced my introduction for the past two nights in the bathroom mirror).

The volume of the music picked up and people began to disperse to dance, talk or enjoy the refreshments.

A few people personally wished me a happy birthday or to tell me how excited they were for my first shift.

Then of course Gigi and Kelly found me and we spent the whole party together basically dancing by ourselves.

But as the party began to wind down the party goers thinned out, and all to soon it was well into the night and I found myself telling my friends goodnight as I promised I'd text them first thing after I shifted back into my human form so we could talk about it.